British Countryside

British Humour

Quality free to air Televison

Foriging for wild fruits and mushrooms in the late summer time

Wales

Access to Europe

Price range and choice of Clothing

Price range and choice of Supermarkets

Totally agree, the letter box outside gets me too. But apart from that, I used to miss Marmite but I am now a converted Vegemite lover! And Weetabix - Weetbix just isn't the same. Also, the dawn chorus - the birds are more beautiful here but they are a little raucous first thing! Having said all that, there are more things that I prefer here, the beach, the weather, the friendliness, barbies, the freshness of the food - think I should stop now or this could end up being the longest post in history.......

There's not a lot of things missed really. My friends I miss and Asda - cheap food and drink. My 8 year old misses smart price meatballs - Bless. We've been here 2 years now next month, where has the time gone ???? And gotta say this has been the best life changing experience we could have made. Love it on the Gold coast.

But you can't compare Perth with the rest of Ausralia can you? Its a different country as far as most of us Eastern States people are concerned. Like visiting Russia or something....do they speak English over there?

If anything having the most UK immigrants with the others coming from English speaking countries like South Africa and New Zealand the arguement could easily be WA has the bestest and mostest English compared with the stray states over there.

Besides the above....

Ability and ease to live in London sans car.

London walks..regardless of season know some great ones. Walked far more there than in OZ.

London Parks.. Holland Park probably my favourite but also Kensington Gardens, Hyde and Hampstead Heath.

Accents from the regions and languages from abroad(language maintainance far easier there)

Sheer diversity from which ever angle one cares to look.

Travel with ease and cheaply ..France, Germany,Netherlands like it all

General social scene from pubs to eating out to casual meetings all more affordable,easier and more fun.

Reasonably priced ready meals.

May sound stupid seeing as there is plenty of lovely fresh stuff about and I do love to cook but..... we've got a 5 week old and a 21 month old. When the first little one arrived in the UK we lived on them for a couple of weeks until we started to feel human again but we had our little boy here in Oz and you can't get them without spending a fortune. The times when I have a screaming baby who wants feeding and a "helpful" little girl who has learned how to turn all of the buttons on the oven on, I wish I could just bung something in the microwave!!!

Apart from that though, not too much - so many different things to see and do here.

Reasonably priced ready meals.

May sound stupid seeing as there is plenty of lovely fresh stuff about and I do love to cook but..... we've got a 5 week old and a 21 month old. When the first little one arrived in the UK we lived on them for a couple of weeks until we started to feel human again but we had our little boy here in Oz and you can't get them without spending a fortune. The times when I have a screaming baby who wants feeding and a "helpful" little girl who has learned how to turn all of the buttons on the oven on, I wish I could just bung something in the microwave!!!

Apart from that though, not too much - so many different things to see and do here.

I agree. Nothing better than a ding dinner after a late shift. Icelands 5 for £4

I can add walking in the countryside, country villages, camping, castles, grass, smell of grass, meadows, seasons, snow, bonfire night, Autumn leaves, Ice Cream at the seaside, the seaside...oh i could go on :o)

You won't be missing the seaside and icecream at the seaside. You will be able to do it everyday of the years if you want.

Miss:

Culture

Multiculturalism

Feeling part of the world rather than in a bubble

Question Time - the programme (not Q&A here)

Depth of conversation

Open mindedness (racism is more evident here on a day to day basis IMO)

Decent music

Being assessed for my skills when applying for a job rather than being British then assessed.

Not being so ripped off with the price of everything (there appears to be a massive disparity in the same product being sold in one place compared to another)

Sense of humour (OZ's get the joke, the just don't find it funny, generalising I know)

Laughing at oneself - self deprecation

Dont Miss:

The stress of London

Attitude of some people

Pointless violence and opportunistic violence (muggings etc)

The general dowdiness of London (not central)

Parking inspectors (much more easy going over in Sydney)

Weather in general

Pretty much still just miss Manchester,

I have a cure for that disease: Take a job that involves working in any of the ring of mank that surrounds Manchester city centre (y'know, the mile wide belt that exists just outside the inner ring road) and live somewhere in the Peak District so you have to drive either down the A6 or A57 every day to get in. Gnnnnnnhhhhh

Ok, here goes...

family, friends, goes without saying. And in no particular order... Chocolate, fish and chip shop chips! Curry. Sausages. British strawberries. Marmite. Double glazing, heating and well built houses. Summer rain, smell of freshly cut (green) grass. Reasonably priced flowers, clothes that wash and wear well, time and time again without costing a fortune. Same for shoes. Wrapping up on a winters day and going for a cross country walk. Frost. Snow. Old buildings. History. Sarcasm. British humour. Supermarket shopping and being able to buy alcohol at the same time. High street shopping outdoors. Only being a 15 min drive from friends. London. Yeah, I could go on and on... Good job I'm going home!! 4 months to go! :biggrin:

Guest Geordee
Ok, here goes...

family, friends, goes without saying. And in no particular order... Chocolate, fish and chip shop chips! Curry. Sausages. British strawberries. Marmite. Double glazing, heating and well built houses. Summer rain, smell of freshly cut (green) grass. Reasonably priced flowers, clothes that wash and wear well, time and time again without costing a fortune. Same for shoes. Wrapping up on a winters day and going for a cross country walk. Frost. Snow. Old buildings. History. Sarcasm. British humour. Supermarket shopping and being able to buy alcohol at the same time. High street shopping outdoors. Only being a 15 min drive from friends. London. Yeah, I could go on and on... Good job I'm going home!! 4 months to go! :biggrin:

your post reminded me about something and now I am missing it lol - curry sauce from the chippy!!