Bricklayers

RichBarl

• 2 weeks later...
I'm here an settled now and pride in your work is not a must here , I was the same back in blighty. If you come to perth I would be able to get you in with us no bother , decent brickys are in demand still in Perth. You will not get sponsored tho I think

Hi Paul. I am a bricklayer coming over on the 19th of this month, I am fast and very neat and have 10 years experience . I would be very grateful for any advice you could give me in finding work. Or if you know anyone who is looking for a good bricky, could you let me know thank you.

Just to add, we have found the standards of Australian bricklayers to be absolutely shoddy. This is looking at the quality of work having been done previously in our house, and listening to how Australian tradesmen plan to solve existing problems (cover it up, it'll be alright love). We are now only hiring British tradesmen to work for us, as we want a decent standard of work, done on time, that will last a long time. It does not seem to matter how long the Brits have been out here, they have not let their standards drop.

If you are coming out here and want (once you have jumped through all the Australian hoops) to be successful in setting up and running your own business, all that is required is providing a decent quality quote (ie if they ask for it to be broken down into different tasks, do it; if you say you will provide extra information, make sure you provide it); turn up on time; work hard and to a good standard. This seems to be an alien concept to the Australian tradesmen we have dealt with (thus why we are only dealing with firms set up by ex-pat Brits).

Just to add, we have found the standards of Australian bricklayers to be absolutely shoddy. This is looking at the quality of work having been done previously in our house, and listening to how Australian tradesmen plan to solve existing problems (cover it up, it'll be alright love). We are now only hiring British tradesmen to work for us, as we want a decent standard of work, done on time, that will last a long time. It does not seem to matter how long the Brits have been out here, they have not let their standards drop.

If you are coming out here and want (once you have jumped through all the Australian hoops) to be successful in setting up and running your own business, all that is required is providing a decent quality quote (ie if they ask for it to be broken down into different tasks, do it; if you say you will provide extra information, make sure you provide it); turn up on time; work hard and to a good standard. This seems to be an alien concept to the Australian tradesmen we have dealt with (thus why we are only dealing with firms set up by ex-pat Brits).[/QUOT

Well said

Yes bud if a can help you I will be bother there is loads of work were I'm at north of river , were will you be? I will defo try sort something out for you with numbers or even in with us but don't sweat work for us is in abundance

I am moving to north fremantle mate, But i dont mind traveling to find work. If you could sort something out for me that would be amazing. I would like to work with some british brickys as i think it would make it easier to learn the regs and the different way of building. Will i need to bring references over with me. Is it easy to get a start as some jobs i have seen it says you need wa experience. Once again thanks for your help mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rich

we have just returned from our reki in Perth... I am a bricklayer waiting patiently for perm visa which is taking forever!!

i have run my own construction company in uk for 20years successfully, I do new builds, renovation & restoration on residential & commercial properties.

The process seems to be taking forever & we are extra eager to get over to oz now we have seen the opportunity available!!

we are applying for perm residency but I'm also trying to find a sponsor to get over ASAP whilst this is processed. Would you or do you know of anyone in a position to sponsor me? I have a professional resume ,portfolio of work photos & videos (necessary for skills exam)& a stack of client testimonials to forward onto you....

i can speak to you via Skype or if a genuine offer was in place I would fly back to Perth to have an interview & show my bricklaying skills & speed.

i look forward to hearing from you

regards

David Brownhill

Hi

we have just returned from our reki in Perth... I am a bricklayer waiting patiently for perm visa which is taking forever!!

i have run my own construction company in uk for 20years successfully, I do new builds, renovation & restoration on residential & commercial properties.

The process seems to be taking forever & we are extra eager to get over to oz now we have seen the opportunity available!!

we are applying for perm residency but I'm also trying to find a sponsor to get over ASAP whilst this is processed. Would you or do you know of anyone in a position to sponsor me? I have a professional resume ,portfolio of work photos & videos (necessary for skills exam)& a stack of client testimonials to forward onto you....

i can speak to you via Skype or if a genuine offer was in place I would fly back to Perth to have an interview & show my bricklaying skills & speed.

i look forward to hearing from you

regards

David :chatterbox:

I've noticed the ads in the west have decreased slightly (for plasterers) maybe due to the winter months, OH and son are White Setter's and hoping to be back out there around Sept, although I reckon if he got a job offer he'd be away tomorrow lol

• 5 months later...
Can anyone tell me exactly how different bricklaying in wa is different from the uk, I've been bricking since the day I left school 13 years ago and am very intreuiged on how it is done differently in oz .

Profiles all the time isnt it i think?a bricks a brick ,cant be that much different i wouldn't think,easy enough to pick up anyway