Bricklayers

RichBarl

Hi

Any brickies out there who are looking for a start around the north perth area (Butler) currently working in Ellenbrook.

Any Uk bricklayers fresh of the plane would be welcome

ABN number white card needed plus transport

pay dependant on quality of work

Any one interested can message me there details

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich ,Im hoping to be granted my visa in the next six months ,could you tell me the best state to find work in ? Im a bricklayer ,the last ten years working on concrete frame buildings as a BL/foreman ,also have a young family.cheers

Hey mate, I'm living in perth; south of the river. There's loads of jobs bricklaying here and you shouldn't have a problem finding work if your good, fast and neat.

At the mo theres lots of work around busy as its been for a couple of years in Perth. Swings in roundabouts but its good for now.

Perth prob best place for brickies from what i've heard.Not to sure about the east. The bricklaying is a little different than the uk and takes a bit of time to learn the aussie way and deal with the heat.

You wouldn't have any trouble finding work.

Hi Rich,We can only get a regional visa for western australia ,so I think that means I cant work in Perth for 1 or 2 years ,do you think I would have trouble finding work outside of Perth and could you tell me approximately what sort of wages they are earning ? cheers

Im a 26 year general builder in the UK, i run my own business at the minute but want to emmigrate to Oz. I have an aunt who is a citizen and lives in Melbourne. I visited her on a working holiday visa afew years ago and loved it, in some ways regret coming back. I worked as a bricky while i was there and got on well. Im qualified to NVQ level 3 in bricklaying and have 8 years work experience. Do i need to get my bricklaying VETASSESSed? I really not sure how to move forward with this at minute, also saw bricklaying fell off the main SOL list :( any help as to how to move forward would be appreciated. thanks

woods - we are in the process of applying for a Skilled sponsored 190 visa, my husband is a bricklayer with same qualifications as u and 9 yrs exp after apprenticeship. yes you have to have your skills assessed. the 190 visa we are applying for is for Perth as they still have bricklayer on their consolidated skills list I'm not sure if Melbourne has it on theirs but it will be worth checking, we were devastated when it got taken off but where there is a will there is a way!

Thanks for your reply :) i was pretty gutted to but as you say where there is a will there is a way. Sadly melbourne is not an option for me because no state sponsors are available there but i have decided to go for a WA sponsor to. Is your husband sitting an english exam? I have to because sadly some of my years work dont count so have less points from that catagory. Have you looked into Perth alot? I went to a migration seminar hosted by the emmigration group last weekend and a government rep from WA was there. They showed a video and it looked great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rich

I am a bricklayer in the final stage of my visa process, iam looking to be in perth for may this year. I was wondering weather you would be interested in taking me on i have 10 years experience in the uk i am fast and neat and also would be willing to work a week unpaid to help me learn the aussie way. Or if you have any advice on finding work it would be much appreciated

Hi guys

i have filled the vacancy now but thanks for the interest.

I don't think you'll have a problem finding work when you arrive as its pretty busy at the moment and alot more vacancies in the local paper(the west australian jobs advertised on wednesdays & fridays)

alot of firms putting there prices up now to get brickies

good luck

Rich

• 1 month later...
Thanks very much anyway nice to hear things are good on the job front ;)[/quote

Weve been out here almost a year now and when we first arrived peoplke said there was not much work

about for brickies but it has picked up a lot and there are houses going up everywhere.

• 1 month later...

hi rich im a qualified bricklayer 20 years experience also have smsts management skills failry quick but extremley neat pride is my passion looking on coming to oz asap how is work there at the moment and would love a job offer possible sponsorship or is that asking too much from a bricky

I'm here an settled now and pride in your work is not a must here , I was the same back in blighty. If you come to perth I would be able to get you in with us no bother , decent brickys are in demand still in Perth. You will not get sponsored tho I think

My mrs is a general manager for a fitness company is there any gyms near there so she could possibly apply she could possibly get a sponsor but on un sure of if no sponsor what visa do we apply for give me a add on face book wayne Winstanley could you defo get me a start I could forward references and cv I'm bricklaying at moment 69 houses to go up my speeds alright and quality is there as you know what nhbc are. Like there keen as mustard with quality I have some friends in Perth so that would be great

I'm here an settled now and pride in your work is not a must here , I was the same back in blighty. If you come to perth I would be able to get you in with us no bother , decent brickys are in demand still in Perth. You will not get sponsored tho I think