Victorian state nomination for international PhD graduates

SBMP

Do you have a PhD?

Holders of a recognised PhD now have a streamlined pathway to permanent residence. The Victorian Government has introduced a new pathway to state nomination through the Skilled Nominated 190 visa. To be eligible, applicants will need to:

• have completed a PhD in at a Victorian University and have an occupation on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) Schedule 1 and 2; or
  • have completed a doctorate of a recognised standard (as determined by the relevant skill assessing authority) in a field relating to an occupation on the State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria.

Applicants must also be eligible to apply for General Skilled Migration and meet all other state nomination eligibility requirements. There are a limited number of nominations available.

To find out more contact the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program:

Phone: +613 9651 9756

Email: Skilled@LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au

Web: LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au/phd

Do you have a PhD?

Holders of a recognised PhD now have a streamlined pathway to permanent residence. The Victorian Government has introduced a new pathway to state nomination through the Skilled Nominated 190 visa. To be eligible, applicants will need to:

• have completed a PhD in at a Victorian University and have an occupation on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) Schedule 1 and 2; or

• have completed a doctorate of a recognised standard (as determined by the relevant skill assessing authority) in a field relating to an occupation on the State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria.

Applicants must also be eligible to apply for General Skilled Migration and meet all other state nomination eligibility requirements. There are a limited number of nominations available.

To find out more contact the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program:

Phone: +613 9651 9756

Email: Skilled@LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au

Web: LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au/phd

I just noticed that change yesterday, I am so happy they are now accepting international PhD graduates!

Maybe someone will be able to answer one question for me - when making an application for SS should I apply as a PhD graduate or as a Life Scientist nec (for what I have assessment and which is also on their list)?

• 4 years later...

Hello Guys,

I will finish my PhD study in field of computer science from a governmental university in Malaysia soon, I am interested to apply for  Victorian state nomination for international PhD graduates program, do you  know how should I start the process?Do I need to send my PhD certificate for assessment before applying? Hope someone can provide some hints here.

Thank you in advance

Myti

Edited by myti
add more details