Registering your arrival with WA while on SS

Ms Petite

I hope to get this answered too, Been here a month not registered with anyone and no instructions on visa paperwork to say where to do this even though everything else is on there like getting TFNs, Medicare, Centrelink, etc !!! We know they want to send 6 month updates and surveys etc... But who do we register with??

Anyone??

Take a look at the thread that I started on 02/01/2013 called WA SS activation. You'll see everything that you need there. I dropped in to their office with the required paperwork and was done within ten minutes. It's worth mentioning that the office is not open every day of the week, I went to see them on the Thursday morning.

Cheers

l55lee

Take a look at the thread that I started on 02/01/2013 called WA SS activation. You'll see everything that you need there. I dropped in to their office with the required paperwork and was done within ten minutes. It's worth mentioning that the office is not open every day of the week, I went to see them on the Thursday morning.

Cheers

l55lee

Great thank you so much.... Why is this info not included in the paperwork we get !!!! Now we have to drive back to Perth again... 7 hour round trip ........ Not really impressed..

I wonder how many have not even registered !!

I will post the link here http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Newlyarrivedskilledmigrants.aspx

I was rather surprised, which was why I created the thread. It's a tad crazy that we're not either (1) notified how to deal with it when we arrive or (2) that it's done by default when our visa's are activated.

When you get to Perth it's easy to find immigration, if that's any consolation. It's next door to Myer on Murray Street, on the second floor.

Cheers

l55lee

I was rather surprised, which was why I created the thread. It's a tad crazy that we're not either (1) notified how to deal with it when we arrive or (2) that it's done by default when our visa's are activated.

When you get to Perth it's easy to find immigration, if that's any consolation. It's next door to Myer on Murray Street, on the second floor.

Cheers

l55lee

Yes its just a pain in the bum for us as we live 3.5 hrs south of Perth !! Means we both need a mid day week off from work... Plus we have already made trips to buy a car and sort the banking stuff out (Could have killed 2 birds with one stone)... Hey Ho hopefully others see this and sort it on arrival... Maybe a mod could make this sticky??

Again no idea why this info is not given with the other visa info....

Yes its just a pain in the bum for us as we live 3.5 hrs south of Perth !! Means we both need a mid day week off from work... Plus we have already made trips to buy a car and sort the banking stuff out (Could have killed 2 birds with one stone)... Hey Ho hopefully others see this and sort it on arrival... Maybe a mod could make this sticky??

It maybe different for QLD but I was able to do everything by phone and email without having to attend in person. Good luck

Millie x

Contact them Im sure you would be able to Email or post the information, they cant expect everyone to Visit Perth to do this.

Then again - nothing will happen to your visa if you dont bother.

Guest spreadingwings
Then again - nothing will happen to your visa if you dont bother.

I've heard this as well. The SS 'live here for 2 years' is not strictly enforced, as the DIAC issues and manages visas not the state.

I'm a big believer in the moral obligation part of the equation here, I wouldn't have got to Aus so quickly if that hadn't been an option. I realise that there's a multitude of opinions on this and everyone's entitled to their own.

Ok guys just to clarify we can send it all in by email to them no problem... I called and spoke to them .

All they want is copies of the following:

1. Lease agreement for rental accommodation

2. Scanned copies of passport

3. Scanned copy of WA SS agreement

Thank goodness i dont have to do the drive to Perth again !!

Cool, that's good news for you and others that would have to travel some distance. :biggrin:

It's a shame that their staff don't all understand that it can handled digitally! Hey ho, at least I only live 45 minutes from the CBD.

Archived