At last. A good Indian restaurant!!!!

VERYSTORMY

Guest The Pom Queen
thanks Moving to Melbourne, ...I hope I would love to enjoy food over there once I reach in OZ...and have enough Money:biggrin:..

btw what it cost thr for 1 Indian Lunch meal ..

We usually get samosas $10, Chicken Tika Massala $19, Rice $7 and Garlic Naan $5

Guest Ptp113
Finally, after 5 years we have found a good Indian restaurant and it's not a million miles away. New place just opened in mandurah called yogi. Just had a fantastic lunch.

Indian or British Indian (Bangladeshi/Pakistani)?

Edited by GeorgeD
Forum Rules

Indian or British Indian (Bangladeshi/Pakistani)?

Not this old chestnut. It's a complete fallacy that all Indian restaurants in the UK dish up a bland regulation ersatz Bangladeshi fare. Sure, there are a lot of those, especially in rural areas and places with small or no South Asian populations. In big cities with substantial populations - like London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leicester, Bradford - there are a lot of "proper" Indians.

VS has posted previously about living in Leicester - a city where most of the Asians are Indian rather than Pakistani or Bangladeshi - and also about his interest in food. So I think he knows the difference.

Anyway, how would you know what's sold in the UK? From your previous posts you've only been back once in 40 years.

Edited by twinsmom65

Guest Ptp113
Not this old chestnut. It's a complete fallacy that all Indian restaurants in the UK dish up a bland regulation ersatz Bangladeshi fare. Sure, there are a lot of those, especially in rural areas and places with small or no South Asian populations. In big cities with substantial populations - like London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leicester, Bradford - there are a lot of "proper" Indians.

VS has posted previously about living in Leicester - a city where most of the Asians are Indian rather than Pakistani or Bangladeshi - and also about his interest in food. So I think he knows the difference.

Anyway, how would you know what's sold in the UK? From your previous posts you've only been back once in 40 years.

Again Indian in pommyland isn't Indian by any stretch of the imagination, apart from yours that is. Did you honestly think I didn't eat Pakistani/Bangladeshi there?

Edited by GeorgeD
Forum rules: Edited Offensive Word

Again Indian in pommyland isn't Indian by any stretch of the imagination, apart from yours that is. Did you honestly think I didn't eat Paki/Bangladeshi there?

Incorrect. My wife is Indian and we eat at real Indian food restaurants all the time. As NSP states, there's plenty of the bland Bangladeshi restaurants around too, especially outside the big cities, so my guess is that in your ignorance you went to one of those. I'm guessing you were also disappointed that Pret a Manger didn't serve French food and the Slug and Lettuce was lacking the good old fashioned atmosphere of a real pub on your last visit to the UK?

Again Indian in pommyland isn't Indian by any stretch of the imagination, apart from yours that is.

Ah yes, silly of me, of course all the people of recent Indian origin in the UK are happy to eat chicken tikka masala down the local Bangla house. Or perhaps they've all instantly forgotten how to cook or what their food should taste like as soon as they land on UK shores

Do try not to be ridiculous for once in your life

Did you honestly think I didn't eat Pakistani/Bangladeshi there?

Well, let's just establish how many times you've been back, when it was, and for how long, shall we? You've previously posted that you've only been back once in 40 years or so. I'm intrigued if that one trip was long enough or recent enough for you to determine what Indian food in the UK is really like, or if it was long enough for you to come to other clear cut idiotic generalisations as you're so keen on - sufficient for you to claim things like "far superior to anything available in blighty" for instance, as you are often wont to do.

For someone to be so definite, you'd expect them to have recent, frequent and extensive experience of both countries, woudn't you? Or perhaps they're just the type of individual who talk out of their ar5e most of the time

Edited by GeorgeD
Quoted moderated post

Guest Ptp113
Ah yes, silly of me, of course all the people of recent Indian origin in the UK are happy to eat chicken tikka masala down the local Bangla house. Or perhaps they've all instantly forgotten how to cook or what their food should taste like as soon as they land on UK shores

Do try not to be ridiculous for once in your life

Well, let's just establish how many times you've been back, when it was, and for how long, shall we? You've previously posted that you've only been back once in 40 years or so. I'm intrigued if that one trip was long enough or recent enough for you to determine what Indian food in the UK is really like, or if it was long enough for you to come to other clear cut idiotic generalisations as you're so keen on - sufficient for you to claim things like "far superior to anything available in blighty" for instance, as you are often wont to do.

For someone to be so definite, you'd expect them to have recent, frequent and extensive experience of both countries, woudn't you? Or perhaps they're just the type of individual who talk out of their ar5e most of the time

Bluster and waffle, but a nice try I'll give you that.. India 2006 and the food was nothing, but nothing like pommy restaurants, nor here to be honest. Why won't somebody open a real Indian restaurant here?

Maybe, but this is an Australian website, and pommy racial epithets don't apply. Now is there any part you don't get?

Firstly, this is not a Oz web site. I thought the name might have provided a clue.

Second, I have travelled Asai and have been lucky enough to call a number of Indians and Sri lankans friends. I am also a lover of food. So sorry, but the vast majority of restaurants in the UK in major cities that call themselves indian are Indian.

I am curious, where have you travelled?

And yes, the word you used is a racist term in Oz. Though coming from you it doesn't surprise me.

Edited by GeorgeD
Removed reference to previously moderated term

Guest The Pom Queen
Firstly, this is not a Oz web site. I thought the name might have provided a clue.

Second, I have travelled Asai and have been lucky enough to call a number of Indians and Sri lankans friends. I am also a lover of food. So sorry, but the vast majority of restaurants in the UK in major cities that call themselves indian are Indian.

I am curious, where have you travelled?

And yes, the word you used is a racist term in Oz. Though coming from you it doesn't surprise me.

Ok now you have said your piece lets get back to the OP x

Edited by GeorgeD
edited previously moderated post