Vetassess Technical Interview for Bricklaying AQF III

BenAtherton1

Hi all,

I am due to undertake my skype technical interview this coming Tuesday (08/01/13) in manchester and am just wondering if there is anyone who has recently completed theirs and if so want to know what advice would they give me?

After opting for the technical interview rather than the practical because of the large waiting time and distance to be travelled to available practical dates/destinations, I am a little uneasy as to how they can assess your skills over a skype telephone/video call.

Are there any particular areas that they specifically quiz you about, that i could perhaps do some last minute 'swotting up' on?

My agent tells me that with my quals/varied work experience in the trade i should be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated............

Cheers

Guest guest76088

"See them people I can see out my window over there past the end of my garden? I don't wanna see them any more. Make it 'appen."

BigD

Hi all,

I am due to undertake my skype technical interview this coming Tuesday (08/01/13) in manchester and am just wondering if there is anyone who has recently completed theirs and if so want to know what advice would they give me?

After opting for the technical interview rather than the practical because of the large waiting time and distance to be travelled to available practical dates/destinations, I am a little uneasy as to how they can assess your skills over a skype telephone/video call.

Are there any particular areas that they specifically quiz you about, that i could perhaps do some last minute 'swotting up' on?

My agent tells me that with my quals/varied work experience in the trade i should be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Cheers

...................... anyone else offer any advice?

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Cheers

Hi BenArtherton1

Could you tell me address of where the technical interview in manchester is held . We have an email saying vetassess are trying to book my husband in for interview on 18th of feb but havent given us any details of where . We are from glasgow so nd to get accomodation and train tickets booked or atleast organised asasp . Thanks n hope u passed

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi all,

Cheers

Hi ben

i know your interview for the bricklaying vetasses test was a while ago now,but I can't find any info on here about the type of questions they ask,I'm taking my interview next week and I was wondering if you could shed so light on the type of questions they ask. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Richard

Hi dave

I'm looking for some advice on the technical bricklaying interview,I know it was a long time ago,but can you remember some of the questions they asked you. I'm taking mine next week and a little nervous.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers richard

Hi,

It is interesting you are concerned about the call. Your agent is correct in the fact the test is not designed to "catch you out" but provide an opportunity for you to demonstrate your knowledge. I noticed you did not mention what visa you were applying for but anyway, here are some of the things they will talk about based in my experience.

1) They will go through each job you have had and ask you to discuss each role, duties, who you worked builds completed etc... As part of this they will be able to gauge the basis of your skills and what you have been doing.

2) They will talk about preparation of dust, sand, work area, health and safety and all elements to ensure you will be safe to yourself and to others in your approach to your job.

3) Technical aspects will include Arches, Corners, pillars and causal & effect questions. i.e. If the dust used was too Dry, wet, bad mix, what bricks are right for a job and anything that could harm or improve structural integrity.

The most important thing to remember is not to BS and if you do not understand a question ask them to repeat it in a different way or simply say "I don't know." That is far better than giving the wrong answer just for the sake of talking through nerves and relax, enjoy yourself and smile when you can.

One final thing - do NOT be tempted to tell them you are the best bricklayer you have ever worked with. Everyone says that and they are not looking for the best, they want real, grounded skilled people with fact based responses not your opinions. Good luck.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed link/reference to external site.