Shipping Company Warning

Incata

Hi everyone,

very interesting read this thread. I have experienced the same issues with my shipping company coming back to England! It is so unfair how you accept a quote then when the shipping company pack your stuff up then they send you a new one completely different to that one they gave you initially when they have taken your things.

i am wondering what you can do about this as surely this is just not allowed it is a complete case of ripping the customer off. The whole point of having a quote is so you know what the price will be that you pay.

I am currently trying to complain however the shipping company seem to just want to ignore me. I have paid the full amount of the initial quote but I am no way prepared to pay the extra as the shipping company took the mickey when packing and did not consolidate at all.

I do not know what is going to happen with my stuff and to be honest I am very worried as I am now in England and I do not have the extra $800 to pay that they are wanting.

Can anybody offer any advice?? I am being ripped off and others will also get ripped off by this company. It is out of order.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

very interesting read this thread. I have experienced the same issues with my shipping company coming back to England! It is so unfair how you accept a quote then when the shipping company pack your stuff up then they send you a new one completely different to that one they gave you initially when they have taken your things.

i am wondering what you can do about this as surely this is just not allowed it is a complete case of ripping the customer off. The whole point of having a quote is so you know what the price will be that you pay.

I am currently trying to complain however the shipping company seem to just want to ignore me. I have paid the full amount of the initial quote but I am no way prepared to pay the extra as the shipping company took the mickey when packing and did not consolidate at all.

I do not know what is going to happen with my stuff and to be honest I am very worried as I am now in England and I do not have the extra $800 to pay that they are wanting.

Can anybody offer any advice?? I am being ripped off and others will also get ripped off by this company. It is out of order.

Hi Lilypop

We took our complaint up as far as the Chief Executive who then agreed that we did not have to pay. Had he tried to make us pay, we would have gone to the small claims court (where you can make claims up to $5000). Unfortunately as you went with an Australian company, if you get as far as taking them to court, you will have to take them to the small claims court in Australia and I don't know whether or not they allow you to make a submission in absentia, or alternatively (if you have any friends still here), whether or not they could attend on your behalf. Generally keeping the complaint going up the food chain gets it resolved as they don't want the bad publicity.

I'd also suggest that if you take the company to court, you summons the Chief Executive. That generally prompts quick settlement as they do not want to have to take time off work to attend for such a small matter. Don't forget to read the court information and make sure you do everything required (eg give the other side 14 days to respond to your complaint, follow the company complaints procedure through to the final stage etc etc) so that your claim does not get thrown out.

Hope this helps!

Good luck.

Packing is never an exact science however they do sound horrendous! You can complain to fair trading about their conduct as they are laws to protect consumers from this. Especially if you have everything in writing about what was agreed and any extra costs etc. They can't hold your goods to ransom! Good luck and let us know the outcome.