Movig to Brisbane please help !!!!

Guest Aprilautumn

Guest Aprilautumn

I am moving go Brisbane From Yorkshire but I don't know which places are best to live In. I have 4 children and the oldest is 17 years old. I want a new surbub that is still developing with new houses. I am not very fond of old places so new places are ideal and I want a place that has parks and nice schools for the kids. I was going to move to north lakes but I have been advised against it. What places could you recommend ? I have tried to search for new survive online but I have had no luck so please help!!

A lot of people love North Lakes so don't rule it out. Most new developments will have the same pros and cons as there. It wasn't for us as they are often small blocks and the houses lack character but if those things don't bother you then keep it in mind. I hear good things about the college up there.

Another new estate is Warner which is still developing.You just need to think about schools as most of it is no longer in catchment for well performing schools. You do have Genesis which is private or can travel to good schools that don't enforce the catchment area such as Albany Creek.

Eatons Hill is a lovely area but most houses are 10 years plus. Good state school but very hard to get into if not in catchment.

Albany Creek is lovely too with good schools but not ultra modern if you are set on that.

EH and AC definitely have more character than the very new suburbs.

Edited by Alaska

Where to live tends to depend alot on where you will be working. A commute across the city in rush hour can be a nightmare.

For new land estates have a look on realestate.com and click new land estates, a list of those around Brisbane should then come up. Not sure who told you to avoid North Lakes, for what its worth i personally agree and wouldnt live there myself but thousands do like it and seem to settle well, so its still worth a look, whats nice for one isnt for another .

Cal x

Where to live tends to depend alot on where you will be working. A commute across the city in rush hour can be a nightmare.

For new land estates have a look on realestate.com and click new land estates, a list of those around Brisbane should then come up. Not sure who told you to avoid North Lakes, for what its worth i personally agree and wouldnt live there myself but thousands do like it and seem to settle well, so its still worth a look, whats nice for one isnt for another .

Cal x

This site may be helpful to you, it certainly was for us

http://www.streetadvisor.com.au/search/suburbs-in-brisbane-queensland