Moving to WA and back home again = Expensive....But........

cartertucker

Being home.......Priceless!

We knew from early on in WA that it wasnt for us, stayed almost 1 year.

Been home for 2 months and feel so content, have a fantastic new appreciation for everything here now

We just love the UK, its where we are meant to be :cute:

if you love it after the worst 2 months of weather in our history you must really love it.

Hi we are moving back to the UK end of jan next year! Did you move back to your old house? If not did you move to the same area? We have rented ours out but are wondering whether to move Tia new area? My children can't both get into their old school.They have said my daughter in year 3 may have a place but my son In reception would not!! Over here they went to different schools as there were very few schools which had kindy places! I'm z bit worried abt going back! No jobs no schools just hope we will be ok

Hi we are moving back to the UK end of jan next year! Did you move back to your old house? If not did you move to the same area? We have rented ours out but are wondering whether to move Tia new area? My children can't both get into their old school.They have said my daughter in year 3 may have a place but my son In reception would not!! Over here they went to different schools as there were very few schools which had kindy places! I'm z bit worried abt going back! No jobs no schools just hope we will be ok

We moved back a year ago. 5 month old, no job prospects until 1 week before I left, 21/12, but happy to say its all worked out for us. Be positive, things will happen, good luck.

Guest Guest 47403
Being home.......Priceless!

We knew from early on in WA that it wasnt for us, stayed almost 1 year.

Been home for 2 months and feel so content, have a fantastic new appreciation for everything here now

We just love the UK, its where we are meant to be :cute:

I think you knew deep down before you even landed in Oz that the UK was the place you wanted to be, you were always asking ifs, buts and maybes questions at least you've scratched that itch. Some people are just home birds and not cut out for living away from the familiar, all the best with your return glad you've realised that the UK is where your meant to be.

Hi Kelly, great update, 2 months already, where does the time go.

I bet you really enjoyed Christmas, it does feel more magical in the northern hemisphere.

I can tell you are glad to be home, just by the tone of your posts, so much more upbeat.

Sometimes it takes a move away to make us appreciate what we really had.

Best of luck to you and your family and all the best for 2013 .

Cheers

Karen

Funny how everyone assume its because we're homebirds and miss family as the reason for not settling in oz! My parents aren't alive, my brother lives in the US, i only have a grumpy grandad who i barely see and an aunty left, neither are the reason im unsettled,quite simply i hate oz and it has nothing that makes me want to stay any longer than i have to!

Funny how everyone assume its because we're homebirds and miss family as the reason for not settling in oz! My parents aren't alive, my brother lives in the US, i only have a grumpy grandad who i barely see and an aunty left, neither are the reason im unsettled,quite simply i hate oz and it has nothing that makes me want to stay any longer than i have to!

Missing family is just one if the reasons fir returning in fact I think it s one of the smallest.

• 3 months later...

Hi....Only just came back on PIO....So catching up with this old thread now! :GEEK:

We have moved to a new area, I think it is just easier for us to start a fresh new life (again!!) I think you need to ask yourself if you loved the place you moved from, would you be happy living there again?

The place we have re-located to is a place that we often visited & thought looked a lovely area, people are very friendly too, great old fashioned pubs, lovely restaurants & shopping centres (obvs depends what you like in an area)

Of course getting jobs & school places is always a worry, as its the un-known, but, from our own experience, I was able to take my pick of 3 schools for my son & my Hubby has got steady work coming in, whilst we are building up his business again, so all good for us

Wish you all the very best :cute:

I think you knew deep down before you even landed in Oz that the UK was the place you wanted to be, you were always asking ifs, buts and maybes questions at least you've scratched that itch. Some people are just home birds and not cut out for living away from the familiar, all the best with your return glad you've realised that the UK is where your meant to be.

You exaggerate! :biglaugh::embarrassed::biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, glad you are happy! My husband and I would like to go back to the Uk, by Chritsmas this year..My husband has been here 13 years with his first wife,(they divorced some years ago, and I am european descent with EU passport, and have stayed many times in UK over the years.We are both 50, years of age, and work hard in our jobs,. My husband will have a job to go to in UK>

We are wanting to sell our house and deciding whether to take our furnishings or sell all but some personal belongings as in tools, etc, any advice on Removals, and storage places in Uk until we settle? We will stay with family for as little time as possible until we sort a home there. thankyou.