absolutely disgusted!!!!!!!!

Rebecca1978

buster feet 013.jpg

My furbaby was released from sydney quarantine yesterday, and when he got home i was absolutely disgusted with what i see, as you can see the pics above (i hope) his feet are an absolute mess, he can hardly walk, they are swollen 3 times the size they should be, cut to pieces and all his nails are cut so far down to the quick that they bleed everytime he attempts to walk, as well as the inside of his paws.

I rushed him straight to the nearest vet who took photos and said he must of been left like this for a while!! ive since paid out hundreds of dollars for antibiotics as well as steroids, the vet could not believe what she was witnessing.

Now i know we can not name and shame on here, but i paid a company well known to this site to go and visit my dog 4 times a week whilst he was in quarantine, not once did i get a phone call about his paws!! and i even phoned this particular company to see how my buster was doing and i was told he was fine!1 but i was also told that they dont always go in 4 consecutive days, they sometimes go in twice a day for 2 days leaving him locked up for the other 5 days, THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE THE NAME OF THIS COMPANY PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I WILL TELL YOU.

buster feet 008.jpg

buster feet 012.jpg

buster feet 009.jpg

buster feet 014.jpg

buster feet 013.jpg

buster feet 008.jpg

buster feet 012.jpg

buster feet 009.jpg

buster feet 014.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen

The company can't be well known to the site as I'm admin and have no idea who it is. Who cut your dogs nails it should be that person who is held accountable. Also quarantine usually have a vet that visits daily.

Hope your baby gets better soon :hug:

I don't know what a dogs paws look like normally, but that does not look good at all. I was not impressed with Sydney quarantine either, my cat was in there. I hate these quarantine laws passionately, it is so unnecessary, just a money making scheme I think.

At least he is home with you now and you can work on getting him back to good health. Get well soon Buster.

My mistake, should have said well known and recommended by petair, hope im allowed to say this? if not im sure my post will be deleted? i just hope you dont remove the whole post as i think people need to see this.

It absolutely broke my heart having to put my dog in quarantine, it was the worst thing about relocating, but needed to be done as i would never have wanted re-homed him.

and to see him in this state, just breaks my heart even more, as im typing this he is laying beside me whining because of the pain im sure. and this particular company are the ones who cut his nails like this, they are supposed to take care of him, yet i feel hes been tortured.

Guest The Pom Queen
Do a dog's nails ever need to be clipped ?

I've never clipped my dog's nails.

Why did they clip them ?

To be honest they shouldn't have needed to cut them.

If a dog gets no exercise then yes they would need a trim eventually but usually they get worn down on concrete.

Guest The Pom Queen
They haven't been clipped but worn down from scratching looks like he has tried to dig his way out

This was my initial thought, a dog with separation anxiety can easily do damage to themselves, even losing teeth whilst trying to chew through bars on the cage.

Honestly, im not worried about the money side of things, i would of paid double just to make his stay comfortable, to know he was getting the treatment all animals deserve, at the moment i just feel gutted, im so angry and upset, its my daughters 11th birthday today and trying to hide the upset is hard, especially as we were up all night carrying buster out to the garden to toilet because he could not walk without being in pain.

Im going to sign off now so i can give my daughter a nice birthday and to give my furbaby some TLC.

Guest guest79615

How awful!! :( i couldnt bring myself to look at the pictures but i really feel for you, i would be exactly the same. Your dog is safe with you now and i hope he'll settle in and heal quickly. Makes me think i'll probably just leave my lil man with my mum and dad in uk after reading things like this xxx

I would also be sending an email with the photos and copy of vets bills attached. i would be sending them to both the dog walking company and quarantine. Surely someone noticed he couldnt walk because of his sore feet.

Cal x

My thoughts are the same as Cal's. And I'd also email Petair with the photos and let them know your bad experience with the company they recommended. It's important they have feedback too.