romil

Visa Sub Class 190

Hello Everyone,

I have a small query regarding the status on DIAC website.

We had lodged our application in October, 2012 and have provided our PCC certificate couple of weeks back medicals were done around 14th Oct, 2012, CO is already assigned.

Whenever, I see the status online it says " In Progress" and under the documents option the status is either Requested or Recommended, but all our documents are submitted.

Does the status remains the same? or do I have to inquire with my CO?

Help is really appreciated!

Regards,

Romil

Status changes once the CO start checking your documents. Till then it will be like this. Same happened to me.

Hello Everyone,

I have a small query regarding the status on DIAC website.

We had lodged our application in October, 2012 and have provided our PCC certificate couple of weeks back medicals were done around 14th Oct, 2012, CO is already assigned.

Whenever, I see the status online it says " In Progress" and under the documents option the status is either Requested or Recommended, but all our documents are submitted.

Does the status remains the same? or do I have to inquire with my CO?

Help is really appreciated!

Regards,

Romil

It means nothing. If your CO wants something from you they will email you, they won't try to send you messages through changes to status updates.

Ours were never updated, but our turnaround was quick so I wouldn't worry too much. If they need anything your CO will let you know.

Pleased to say my family and I are now Permanent Residents of Australia! :biggrin:

It takes longer for HR countries to go through the internal and external checks that are required, that is why HR countries should wait for a CO to request medicals and Police Checks before they get them done.

It takes longer for HR countries to go through the internal and external checks that are required, that is why HR countries should wait for a CO to request medicals and Police Checks before they get them done.

I don't believe this is the case. Iam British and believe Britain is a low risk country, I submitted all the requested information and my CO emailed telling me I was suppose to wait till the info was requested by him. I challenged the fact that nowhere on the DIAC WEBSITE does it warn you to wait and the fact that after you lodge your application you are presented with a checklist of requirements ------and he said I was suppose to wait. So I would wait if I was you.

I don't believe this is the case. Iam British and believe Britain is a low risk country, I submitted all the requested information and my CO emailed telling me I was suppose to wait till the info was requested by him. I challenged the fact that nowhere on the DIAC WEBSITE does it warn you to wait and the fact that after you lodge your application you are presented with a checklist of requirements ------and he said I was suppose to wait. So I would wait if I was you.

HR countries can take 12 months plus for internal and external checks to be completed.

It was stated on the Health Requirements page that all offshore applicants should wait until a CO requests for Medicals. (This has since been changed with skillselect, that you must wait until application is lodged).

When we called to book our medical the Center Asked if they had been requested.

"Health and character assessments are valid for one year from the date of issue and may be affected by changes to the processing directions. You will be responsible for paying any fees and costs associated with obtaining any clearances you need."

Edited by lebourvellec

We have to re-do all ours now and I am piied off by this..but hey ho I am learning the hard way and dont wish this to happen to anyone else...all the best

We have to re-do all ours now and I am piied off by this..but hey ho I am learning the hard way and dont wish this to happen to anyone else...all the best

You could ask for an extension to be able to validate, they may extend by a few months. Is there a reason for you long delay?

You could ask for an extension to be able to validate, they may extend by a few months. Is there a reason for you long delay?

The visa has not even been granted yet. I lodged my appl in JAN this year and hoped things will be dealt with quickly but the more I emailed to check for progress I kept being told it can take as long as 18months, and that each case is different. The last time I called I was given the number of my CO because you can call them directly now. He said he will look into my case and email me because at the time he could not log into their system. He never emailed me. I have lost wind in my sails now and will just wait. No more calls or emails.

The visa has not even been granted yet. I lodged my appl in JAN this year and hoped things will be dealt with quickly but the more I emailed to check for progress I kept being told it can take as long as 18months, and that each case is different. The last time I called I was given the number of my CO because you can call them directly now. He said he will look into my case and email me because at the time he could not log into their system. He never emailed me. I have lost wind in my sails now and will just wait. No more calls or emails.

So do you know why there is a delay?