Keep trying or give up?

DisillusionedScot

Hi folk, just an update: I've been kinda wandering about just to keep out of the house at night for the last few weeks - Pakenham to Beaconsfield and back took five hours and was probably a bit much with hindsight - anyway, I finish my TAFE course this Thursday which is my deadline to be out of this nightmare. I know I'm not going to get work in VIC now - I've got the Cert IV but no currency in anything here - so, I can't really think of anything else to do except to get on a plane and go back to WA.

I know the job prospects in sleepy Secret Harbour are basically non-existent but at least I'll have a roof over my head (it's my old house-share and the room is still available), and I'll be safe. I've worked out that I'll have about $75 a month, roughly, to live off after I've paid my rent/bills etc, but that I guess is what I'll just have to live with.

I've sold all my photography gear for a pittance but at least it'll get me back there. I'm almost down to the shirt on my back, well, a couple of suitcases.

Yep, all the dreams and hopes have gone, it's been a long road from sitting in the board room of one of Scotland's largest retailers to a day bed in Secret Harbour. Not a great way to end ones days :-(

Cheers guys.

Alan

At least there is some positivity in this post! You have certificate and will have a safe place to be. Hang on just a bit more, you can do this. We're here for you, even if it's just to offer to listen.

Keep going Alan. X

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic