Our experience with Partner Visa 820/801 - Good outcome!

Guest kcnpom

Hi

I just thought it would be a good idea to write myexperience on here as this site helped me so much when I was helping my partnerapply for his partner visa.

My OH arrived in OZ on a Working Holiday Visa in October 2010,he was granted the second year WHV in September 2011 for his work in regional Victoria.

On September 7th 2012 we submitted his OnshorePartner Visa (820/801), we were sent correspondence straight away and had toget a new police check (I’d done it wrong the first time), and they requestedhis medical which we booked in and he attended on the 14th September2012.

On 28th October his WHV ceased and his bridgingvisa started – his work rights remained the same as WHV.

On 26th November 2012 he was allocated a caseworker – she requested that we send a stat dec to waived the need for his son (whois not migrating) to complete a medical. We got the impression that once thiswas submitted they would be making the decision on the visa – they rang askingmy OH for it!

On 7th December 2012 he was granted Partner(Temp) Visa subclass 820! Exactly 3 months from when the application was submitted!

801 will kick in in 2 years’ time!

Overall the application process was lengthy, but not hard.We had plenty of evidence to support his application and I’d put in countlesshours of reading the immigration website and forums such as this. Ultimately,DIAC seem reasonably understanding and work with you to ensure all the ‘hard’evidence is there.

Happy to answer any questions you fellow 820/801’s have.

Jkc

• 2 weeks later...