Electricians jobs

mellymop

My family and I have been in Port Kennedy for 4months now and my husband has just received a text message to say his employment has been terminated as they don't have enough work. This is the second time this has happened in the 4 months we have been in Oz. Our whole experience of WA has been awful but we have a 176 visa so we are stuck here. My husband is an electrician (17 yrs experience) with his grade a license and white card but still cant find a job. Not through lack of trying I may add, more because there are 10-20 electricians going for each job. I have also applied for 50+ jobs with no luck. We have two children and WA is soo expensive we will run out of money very soon, not sure what to do. Unhappy Christmas for us.

My family and I have been in Port Kennedy for 4months now and my husband has just received a text message to say his employment has been terminated as they don't have enough work. This is the second time this has happened in the 4 months we have been in Oz. Our whole experience of WA has been awful but we have a 176 visa so we are stuck here. My husband is an electrician (17 yrs experience) with his grade a license and white card but still cant find a job. Not through lack of trying I may add, more because there are 10-20 electricians going for each job. I have also applied for 50+ jobs with no luck. We have two children and WA is soo expensive we will run out of money very soon, not sure what to do. Unhappy Christmas for us.

Its not easy here that's for sure. I am an electrician who has been here for over 4 months too. I have been working but i wanted a better job and have been applying for loads too and getting very few replies back. I finally got a job that I wanted last week and I start after the year. At least your husband has his A Grade license. I am under the new system and have to do homework and fill out a logbook for 6months - 1 year then sit a trade test to get my A grade!! He should be able to get something with having the license although its a bad time of year as everything is about to shut down. What kind of electrical work does he do?