December 190 lodged gang

Gareth 666

They ask for the purpose, but it's very briefly. You only need a PCC if you resided somewhere for at least 12 months.

My BMI is around 30 as well, too many beers... I am not sure if my medical was referred due to this, but I read somewhere that bmi above 30 might be.

BTW: Is the online status working/changing for somebody? Mine is still unchanged, listing all documents with "required" / "recommended"

The prepare medical link is still on there for me, just disappeared for my partner.

tnx frank.. i am trying to reduce few kgs before i do d meds.. if meds reffered its gonna take hell a lot of time.. fingers crossed.. after CO contacted what is the general turnaround time for the grant..

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Is there anyone who lodged their Visa application in early December for 190 and has not got the CO yet? I guess I am the only one:(((

You probably have a CO and just don't know it. They only contact you if something is missing. I lodged 18th December and heard the first time from my CO on the 11th January.

You probably have a CO and just don't know it. They only contact you if something is missing. I lodged 18th December and heard the first time from my CO on the 11th January.

Hi Frank,

When the CO contacted you on 11 January, did he mention that something is missing or asked you for the medicals? I have nt done the medicals yet as my agent is saying that I dont need to do the medicals until the CO asks for it.

Hi Frank,

When the CO contacted you on 11 January, did he mention that something is missing or asked you for the medicals? I have nt done the medicals yet as my agent is saying that I dont need to do the medicals until the CO asks for it.

My CO requested several documents which were already uploaded, but there was an error with the eVisa system and he could not retrieve them. He also asked for medicals, which were already done.

If you have not done your medicals your CO would definitely request them. You can do them as soon as you lodged your visa application. There will be a link "prepare medicals". Are you an offshore applicant? The only thing with the medicals is that they expire after one year (same with pcc's). Apparently you have one year time from the date you did your medicals/pcc to activate your visa...

Otherwise I see no reason why you should not do your medicals now. In my case I believe it's only the medicals missing now. I did them in November 2012 and they are still not finalised...

My CO requested several documents which were already uploaded, but there was an error with the eVisa system and he could not retrieve them. He also asked for medicals, which were already done.

If you have not done your medicals your CO would definitely request them. You can do them as soon as you lodged your visa application. There will be a link "prepare medicals". Are you an offshore applicant? The only thing with the medicals is that they expire after one year (same with pcc's). Apparently you have one year time from the date you did your medicals/pcc to activate your visa...

Otherwise I see no reason why you should not do your medicals now. In my case I believe it's only the medicals missing now. I did them in November 2012 and they are still not finalised...

Hi Frank,

Yes I am offshore, applied from UK. You said U done ur medicals in November and yet nt finalised, what is the problem? Also underwhich category U applied for? Also I am travelling in the next few days, just wondering can one do the medicals in any other country or does it has to be from the same country when the visa was lodged?

Hi Frank,

Yes I am offshore, applied from UK. You said U done ur medicals in November and yet nt finalised, what is the problem? Also underwhich category U applied for? Also I am travelling in the next few days, just wondering can one do the medicals in any other country or does it has to be from the same country when the visa was lodged?

I'm not sure what the problem with my medicals is. I guess they slow it down on purpose as I did not go the official way.

I was in Thailand for a short holiday and thought I save a few hundred Dollars in doing the medicals there, I also thought it would speed up the process as I did it one month before visa lodgement (in November 2012).

I did a full medical (consultation, x-ray and blood test) and declared it was for a 457 visa as the panel doctor is not supposed to do the 190 medicals before lodgement, i. e. only eHealth system. Mine was done the conventional way via paper form couriered to Global Health Sydney (received 2 days after medicals in Bangkok).

DIAC confirmed that my medicals are in process, but still not finalised.

You don't have to do the medicals in the same country where the visa was lodged. There is a link in your eVisa "prepare medicals", just choose the panel doctor where you want to do it. Apparently in some countries it's only around $30 for a full medical. It will be uploaded via eHealth in most cases, however some clinics are slower than others in doing this. My partner did hers in the Philippines and it took the clinic 1.5 weeks to upload her medicals. I would advise you to do the medicals asap.

I'm not sure what the problem with my medicals is. I guess they slow it down on purpose as I did not go the official way.

I was in Thailand for a short holiday and thought I save a few hundred Dollars in doing the medicals there, I also thought it would speed up the process as I did it one month before visa lodgement (in November 2012).

I did a full medical (consultation, x-ray and blood test) and declared it was for a 457 visa as the panel doctor is not supposed to do the 190 medicals before lodgement, i. e. only eHealth system. Mine was done the conventional way via paper form couriered to Global Health Sydney (received 2 days after medicals in Bangkok).

DIAC confirmed that my medicals are in process, but still not finalised.

You don't have to do the medicals in the same country where the visa was lodged. There is a link in your eVisa "prepare medicals", just choose the panel doctor where you want to do it. Apparently in some countries it's only around $30 for a full medical. It will be uploaded via eHealth in most cases, however some clinics are slower than others in doing this. My partner did hers in the Philippines and it took the clinic 1.5 weeks to upload her medicals. I would advise you to do the medicals asap.

Thanks Frank. I hope ur medicals will sort out soon. By the way, I applied for the visa in the 2nd week of december and the CO has nt been allocated yet. Do you think shall I email DIAC for it or just wait.

Hello All,

I just have a question regarding a 2nd invitation to apply for visa we received yesterday. We have already lodged our visa application on Dec 27 and received the acknowledgment email for the application and payment. However, when we logged in to skill select yesterday, we received a correspondence telling us that our invitation to apply is expiring soon.

Has anyone experience the same thing? We have already lodged the application so I am confused why we received the letter yesterday.

Hi all,

I lodged my visa application for 189 class on the 24th of january 2013 and uploaded all necessary documents except the clearance certificate. Still the status of the application is shown as in progress. Also I cannot view the receipt or the application when i click on the links. Does anyone know why this is the case?

And how long in general does it take for a CO to be assigned.

Hi Shaz, i have uploaded yesterday form 80, and today i got a link to upload form 80, just under organize health check link.. guess someone is working, but still didnt get any communication from CO. Organize health check link is still there... just wondering if to go with medicals or wait for the co...

Hi Shaz, i have uploaded yesterday form 80, and today i got a link to upload form 80, just under organize health check link.. guess someone is working, but still didnt get any communication from CO. Organize health check link is still there... just wondering if to go with medicals or wait for the co...

Hi Bala,

Yes I am confused as well regarding the medicals. Dont know whether to go ahead and do it or just wait for the CO to ask.

@Bala123 & Shaz2013

If you don't mind delaying the visa decision due to the medicals you can wait for the CO request. If I were you I would go ahead and do it asap. It is a requirement for the visa and definitely needed and as long as there are no issues with eHealth there is no reason to wait.

190 visa applicants do not have to wait for CO request in regards to the medicals.

@sherile:

I had the same message in my Skillselect, nothing to worry about...

@Bala123 & Shaz2013

If you don't mind delaying the visa decision due to the medicals you can wait for the CO request. If I were you I would go ahead and do it asap. It is a requirement for the visa and definitely needed and as long as there are no issues with eHealth there is no reason to wait.

190 visa applicants do not have to wait for CO request in regards to the medicals.

@sherile:

I had the same message in my Skillselect, nothing to worry about...

Hi Frank,

How long it takes to get the appointment. Is it within a week? Also do I need to fill any forms before hand?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if the CO has not been allocated for more than 5 weeks after lodging the visa, what should someone do. Whether to approach DIAC or something else?

You might have a CO already and he just has not contacted you yet. I would not bother DIAC yet. Due to Christmas time there might be a delay. I applied onshore, maybe they gave me priority???

With the medicals it depends on the clinic. I did mine in Bangkok, I just walked in without appointment and the full medicals were completed within an hour even the laboratory results.

I would recommend you to fill in the two forms, it makes it easier for the doctor/nurse as they have to enter exactly the same information on eHealth system.

You might have a CO already and he just has not contacted you yet. I would not bother DIAC yet. Due to Christmas time there might be a delay. I applied onshore, maybe they gave me priority???

With the medicals it depends on the clinic. I did mine in Bangkok, I just walked in without appointment and the full medicals were completed within an hour even the laboratory results.

I would recommend you to fill in the two forms, it makes it easier for the doctor/nurse as they have to enter exactly the same information on eHealth system.

Thanks Frank. What are those forms called? Also it's been around 7 weeks. I lodged in the 2nd week of december and still no CO yet. Do you think I should nt contact DIAC at this point?? Also how would I know whether I have a case officer or not?

Thanks Frank. What are those forms called? Also it's been around 7 weeks. I lodged in the 2nd week of december and still no CO yet. Do you think I should nt contact DIAC at this point?? Also how would I know whether I have a case officer or not?

Please login to eVisa and click on the link "prepare medicals". You can "prepare" the eHealth by selecting the clinic where you want to do your medicals and also download the two forms. They will be prepared with your name and TRN...

Are you sure nothing has changed on your eVisa? No CO yet? If you want you can contact them, but DIAC normally does not like this...and your medicals are missing anyway, so why push them???

BTW: I've got my grant today! :-)

Please login to eVisa and click on the link "prepare medicals". You can "prepare" the eHealth by selecting the clinic where you want to do your medicals and also download the two forms. They will be prepared with your name and TRN...

Are you sure nothing has changed on your eVisa? No CO yet? If you want you can contact them, but DIAC normally does not like this...and your medicals are missing anyway, so why push them???

Congratulations!!!. Great news.

Hi Frank, Could you send me the link to e-visa. My application was done by my agent, so I dont know how to login to it. Congratulations again on your grant!!!.

Hi Bala,

Did you get any news regarding CO?