December 190 lodged gang

Gareth 666

Hi Bala123, I got an email from CO back on December 18, about 10 days after I applied. My CO is at the Adelaide office, I don't know if that makes a difference i.e if Adelaide have a lighter work load or are more efficient.

All I have uploaded is what was on my evisa request list. The only form we were asked for was 1221, details for my wife. What is form 80? I've seen a few references to it on PIO but I don't know what it is.

Cheers

Form 80 is normally required for HR country applicants. As my partner is from a HR country we both front loaded the form. It's the so called "character assessment form", asking about all your employment with gaps explained, all travels 10 years back etc.

Don't worry, it looks like you did not need it.

Still no news with my application... maybe my medicals got referred? After almost a year of work in Oz I gained quite a bit of extra weight, too laid back here ;-)

I read if the bmi is high it might get referred.

Did you not get an appointment for your medicals prior to Feb? Where are you located?

Cheers,

Frank

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, we're in the uk. I could've got my meds earlier but we had no time over the Xmas holidays and our kids are now back at school. We went for February as it's the school half term holiday and we don't need to take the kids out of school for the day to do the meds. Taking them out of school is not popular, my daughters school is very strict on time off.

Thanks for the form 80 explanation, I was thinking that if I had to do one then it would've been requested.

Where are you applying from?

Hi Guys,

I am a new member of this group. I am glad that the Dec 190 Visa discussion has been opened by someone. I have lodged for 190 Visa in the 2nd week of December 2012 but have not been allocated the case officer yet. I have applied it from London as I live here at the moment. Just checking if someone has been allocated the CO yet? On the DIAC website, it is mentioned that the CO is allocated within 5 weeks of Visa lodgement.

Also whether shall I wait for the CO first and then do the medicals when he/she will ask? Would appreciate if someone can reply.

Thanks

Shaz

Thanks Frank... I check form 80 yesterday, do we need to provide the all countries we traveled in last 10yrs even as tourist just for few days. This waiting time is not letting me concentrate on job on hand lol... fingers crossed still :notworthy:

tnx n cheers

Thanks Frank... I check form 80 yesterday, do we need to provide the all countries we traveled in last 10yrs even as tourist just for few days. This waiting time is not letting me concentrate on job on hand lol... fingers crossed still :notworthy:

tnx n cheers

Yes, They want to know all visited countries 10 years back. I used my passport stamps and put the information about European travels as much as I remembered.

I included in the end "I cannot recall exact dates of travel within the EU, since I did not receive passport stamps..."

Form 80 is normally required for HR country applicants. As my partner is from a HR country we both front loaded the form. It's the so called "character assessment form", asking about all your employment with gaps explained, all travels 10 years back etc.

Don't worry, it looks like you did not need it.

Still no news with my application... maybe my medicals got referred? After almost a year of work in Oz I gained quite a bit of extra weight, too laid back here ;-)

I read if the bmi is high it might get referred.

Did you not get an appointment for your medicals prior to Feb? Where are you located?

Cheers,

Frank

Hi frank by the way wht is your BMI. my BMI is around 30, will it b an issue

In very rare cases you don't hear at all, if you have uploaded everything required and they don't need to contact you for anything then they won't. In most cases though there is something your CO will need and then they will contact you. Mine sent me an email to the address I registered on my application. It all depends on how you requested your correspondence to be sent I think.

Hey Frank, Do they ask the purpose of travel/PCC from these countries.. etc. any idea

They ask for the purpose, but it's very briefly. You only need a PCC if you resided somewhere for at least 12 months.

My BMI is around 30 as well, too many beers... I am not sure if my medical was referred due to this, but I read somewhere that bmi above 30 might be.

BTW: Is the online status working/changing for somebody? Mine is still unchanged, listing all documents with "required" / "recommended"

The prepare medical link is still on there for me, just disappeared for my partner.

In very rare cases you don't hear at all, if you have uploaded everything required and they don't need to contact you for anything then they won't. In most cases though there is something your CO will need and then they will contact you. Mine sent me an email to the address I registered on my application. It all depends on how you requested your correspondence to be sent I think.

Thanks for the reply!!!

BTW: Is the online status working/changing for somebody? Mine is still unchanged, listing all documents with "required" / "recommended"

The prepare medical link is still on there for me, just disappeared for my partner.

Mine are in various states of required, received, recommended, even though I've uploaded everything asked for. My CO has confirmed he has everything and that the system is far from perfect. I wouldn't worry too much, if there's anything missing I'm sure your CO will let you know.