December 190 lodged gang

Gareth 666

Hi Guys,

I have received VIC SS :-) I am ready to submit my application before I pay the visa charge. I have a few questions which I can't seem to get SOLID answers online for, hope someone can help:

1. Do I need to get medicals done now or wait until advised to do so by CO?

2. How long are AFP police clearances valid for. Should I optain police clearance or wait until CO requests it?

3. Do all documents uploaded have to be certified such as skills assessment etc? The reason i ask is that the checklist says passport pages etc but not other documents.

Cheers

Adi

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I have received VIC SS :-) I am ready to submit my application before I pay the visa charge. I have a few questions which I can't seem to get SOLID answers online for, hope someone can help:

1. Do I need to get medicals done now or wait until advised to do so by CO?

2. How long are AFP police clearances valid for. Should I optain police clearance or wait until CO requests it?

3. Do all documents uploaded have to be certified such as skills assessment etc? The reason i ask is that the checklist says passport pages etc but not other documents.

Cheers

Adi

1) If you are in Australia then you can do before the CO is being allocated, otherwise wait for his/her request.

2) 1 year, Get the AFP before co requests as the CO will definitely ask that.

3) if the doc is colored then no need of certifying, if not then must.

Hi folks,

I got my CO yesterday :smile:. Visa lodged on 18th December - CO allocated 11th January. It's from Team 33 Brisbane, initials ES. He requested many documents which were already uploaded. Seems to be a problem with the eVisa system.

I hope it goes through quickly. All documents should be with him now including medicals and police clearances.

Hi folks,

I got my CO yesterday :smile:. Visa lodged on 18th December - CO allocated 11th January. It's from Team 33 Brisbane, initials ES. He requested many documents which were already uploaded. Seems to be a problem with the eVisa system.

I hope it goes through quickly. All documents should be with him now including medicals and police clearances.

Hey franconian,

thats fantastic news! Congratulations. Keep us posted, hopefully it will go through super quick :)

its great to hear some December lodgements are still going through the system quickly. Back to hoping for a CO next week now :)

Hey franconian,

thats fantastic news! Congratulations. Keep us posted, hopefully it will go through super quick :)

its great to hear some December lodgements are still going through the system quickly. Back to hoping for a CO next week now :)

Congrats franconian :) hope all goes smoothly now. I lodged mine on the 14th of Dec , haven't gotten my CO assigned yet. Just had a question , my Indian PCC was issued on 24th feb 2012, as per immigration it should be valid for 12 months? Is that so? Last time when I got t done it came in 4 days, this time it as been referred to Indian and might take 6-8 weeks or so it says :(

No worries katyroo, hope all goes well for us now after Franco has gotten his CO assigned.

Edited by kuber15

Hi Kuber15,

AFAIK the PCC is valid for 12 months. I think it depends on your CO, they might request another one. If it's not expensive I would request a recent one to be on the safe side. 6-8 weeks is a long time...

I have a question too. I have been reading on here about medicals being referred in some cases, which slows down the whole process. What exactly does it mean?

Hi Kuber15,

AFAIK the PCC is valid for 12 months. I think it depends on your CO, they might request another one. If it's not expensive I would request a recent one to be on the safe side. 6-8 weeks is a long time...

I have a question too. I have been reading on here about medicals being referred in some cases, which slows down the whole process. What exactly does it mean?

I think referrals happen in cases where there are queries on results. There is an FAQ for panel doctors here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/faq/medical/

Its not something to immediately panic about, sometimes they just want to check out any meds you take, or slightly high blood pressure etc. I think the basic idea is you get a grade a or b. a no significant issues or grade b, issues. If something serious was found, your doctor would have been in touch before diac got the results.

This is my understanding anyway, it can add to processing time.

I think referrals happen in cases where there are queries on results. There is an FAQ for panel doctors here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/faq/medical/

Its not something to immediately panic about, sometimes they just want to check out any meds you take, or slightly high blood pressure etc. I think the basic idea is you get a grade a or b. a no significant issues or grade b, issues. If something serious was found, your doctor would have been in touch before diac got the results.

This is my understanding anyway, it can add to processing time.

Yup that makes sense. But I have also heard if there is something the doctor would tell you before posting the results to DIAC. There is nothing to worried about?

Regarding my Indian pcc I have already applied, lets see how long that takes. Hopefully it comes sooner than they said.

Hi,

i read on some threads that ppl can check the progress of their application like, documets " MET" Required" etc.......I have tried both of the links to check, one with where we need TRN,dob,PP NO,country; its always give me an error message. other one where we need TRN & PWD, I can see which docs are required/requested & attahced. But I can't see which doc is met, such like that.

Hi guys,

just wanted to join the forum, I applied for my 190 on the 14th of December and waiting for a case officer to be assigned. I spoke to immigration today and they advised that generally the period for co to be assigned is 5 weeks but because of Christmas shutdown it might take 7-8 weeks :( as they were off from the 28th of Dec to early this week.

Hope to see you in Canberra soon :) I'm in Canberra ....

Just got this email from the CO / looks very good to me:

Thanks for your email with attached documents.

With respect to health I advise that both health assessments are in progress but unfinalised at this stage. Will continue to monitor situation and will let you know should there be any problems.

Regards

ES

Case Officer

Team 33

GSM Brisbane

Hi gbuss,

I started a Dec 190 thread earlier: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/171425-december-190-visa-thread-4.html

I lodged my 190 application on the 18th December and got a CO on the 11th January.

Hi,

With respect but I did start this thread 4 days before yours.

Not a problem but maybe a mod could please merge the two and delete one as appropriate?

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi,

With respect but I did start this thread 4 days before yours.

Not a problem but maybe a mod could please merge the two and delete one as appropriate?

Thanks

Both threads have now been merged in to one

Hey, no probs. I did actually suggest yours was kept as it had more posts but as long as its all tied in I don't suppose it matters that much.

Good luck with getting your visa granted, our medicals are booked for nearly the end of Feb as we needed to go during half term so I'd imagine you will get granted earlier if you have all your stuff in.

I think I'll just be glad to get the ok. ?

Hi guys,

i got my 190 visa granted today :)))))) so god damn happy!!! Hope all goes well with everyone!

Many congratulations kuber - that's fantastic news!! I didn't even realise that you had a case officer. :)

Petar - lodged means your visa is in the system and is awaiting a case officer, we are advised case officers can take up to 5 weeks but many people have a much quicker turn around (2-3 weeks). Once the case officer is assigned, its just a case of them assessing the documents you've provided and making a decision on the visa. Good luck :)

Edited by Katyroo

Congratulations kuber! I hope, I am next... Do you know which Team , CO initials worked on your visa?

@Petar:

The 5 weeks are normally counted from visa lodgement (application). For me lodgement and application is the same. You receive your invitation and then you lodge your application....

Edited by Franconian

Congratulations kuber! I hope, I am next... Do you know which Team , CO initials worked on your visa?

@Petar:

The 5 weeks are normally counted from visa lodgement (application). For me lodgement and application is the same. You receive your invitation and then you lodge your application....

Thanks Katyroo and Franconian. I didn't get a case officer assigned! just got an email grant which was pretty weird. I asked my lawyer and he said sometimes you just get the grant, and laster he told me it was team 32.

Thanks Katyroo and Franconian. I didn't get a case officer assigned! just got an email grant which was pretty weird. I asked my lawyer and he said sometimes you just get the grant, and laster he told me it was team 32.

It must have been a perfectly presented application and no issues with the eVisa system for you. My CO requested many documents which were uploaded...