December 190 lodged gang

Gareth 666

Hi all,

I couldn't find a December 190 thread so I thought I'd start one.

If one exists and I've missed it, could a higher power please delete this one.

I got my Tassie sponsorship and invite on December 6th. Applied and parted with the not inconsiderable fee the next day.

Been wading through all the stuff that needs uploading and suffering the painfully slow evisa system ever since.

It'd be good to hear from anyone else who got an early Xmas pressie

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Would be interesting to know the timeline for December applicants.

I just lodged my 190 2 days ago on the 18th December (onshore). I was impressed by the quick processing times of the October and November applicants and hope the :xmas24: does not slow down the process too much.

Cheers,

Frank

Guest colinmac
Hi all,

Would be interesting to know the timeline for December applicants.

I just lodged my 190 2 days ago on the 18th December (onshore). I was impressed by the quick processing times of the October and November applicants and hope the :xmas24: does not slow down the process too much.

Cheers,

Frank

Good luck Frank

I started the October thread and finding it frustrating finding everyone getting Visa grants and i'm still waiting HAHA. Still i hope everything goes well for each and everyone of them.

Hope all goes quickly and smoothly for yourself.

Cheers

Colin

@Colin:

According your timeline everything went very quick. Must be a problem with the medicals?

I hope it will go through for you soon.

@Dushanthan:

I think there was maintenance on the site last night. I could not access it, but it was working just now. I have trouble with the "prepare your medicals" link for my partner. It opens a new window, but nothing comes up. Mine works though? I will wait a week or so before contacting DIAC.

Cheers,

Frank

Franconian, thank you for starting this thread.

@ Colinmac - Congratulations, I saw on another post that you received your visa today!:xmas25:

@ Dushanthan, you should be able to finish your application today!

I lodged my application on the 3rd of December (offshore), CO allocated on 13th of December! Was quite shocked actually!

Anyways, he asked me for some docs (don't be surprised if asked for docs you have already uploaded, seems like they are having problems with the new system). Make sure you attach relevant documents (as opposed to uploading via the evisa) to an email.

We have done our Medicals (myself and wife) on the 17th of December, but the Hospital had trouble uploading them yesterday, and the Doctor is not in now until 02nd of Jan! They are trying to do it via another Doctor fingers crossed today, but no guarantees!

Keep posted with all your updates please, it would be good to know!

Cheers,

Waj

@Waj - Thanks I already filled up the details havent done any payments as I am waiting to get all my bank statements and employment letters to upload.

Hey everyone, When i upload the required documents for the visa applications, do i need to scan and upload the originals or scan and upload the certified copies of the originals?

Hi Bala,

I lodged mine on the 18th December. I would be interested too in your question. I guess you only know it when the CO contacts you, e.g. requesting docs, but not sure about this.

I had front loaded all the documents and after 2 days it changed from "recommended" to "required" for many docs, also a new link appeared to provide Form 80 (which I had already front loaded).

However I think this is just an admin preparing the initial stage. Would be great though to have already a CO...

Hi All,

I have lodged my 190 visa on 20-12-2012 and uploaded the necessary docs. Awaiting for the co assignment. Do we get a email notification on co allocation or it will be updated in skillselect? Appreciate your replies...

Bala

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody who lodged in December got a CO already?

This is my timeline:

VIC SS granted 22nd October 2012 (Hotel Manager)

Medicals done in Thailand on 9th November 2012

EOI submitted and VIC notified - invitation received 4th December 2012

Visa application lodged 18th December 2012

All documents front loaded including Police clearances / Form 80 and advised about medicals

Co Allocated - waiting

Edited by Franconian

@ Bala and Franconian,

Time lines for mine are;

South Australia SS - 3 December 2012

Visa lodged - 03 December 2012

CO allocated - 13 December 2012, requested some docs emailed/ uploaded by 16th of December

Medicals - 17 December and uploaded by hospital 21 December 2012

Now I am waiting to hear from CO. Has anyone managed to check progress of the visa by clicking this link? Thanks

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

@ Bala and Franconian,

Time lines for mine are;

South Australia SS - 3 December 2012

Visa lodged - 03 December 2012

CO allocated - 13 December 2012, requested some docs emailed/ uploaded by 16th of December

Medicals - 17 December and uploaded by hospital 21 December 2012

Now I am waiting to hear from CO. Has anyone managed to check progress of the visa by clicking this link? Thanks

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

That link is for pre-skill select visa types I believe. You should use

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login

Guys, I received the Golden email this morning! VISAGRANTED!

@ Bedvic, welcome to this thread.

@ Franconian, you will get your CO soon as they will have some backlog by nowplus another 3000 invitations issued in January!

Yes, either someone is prepping the application for the CO or CO him/herselfmust have started looking into your application. Don't worry if they ask fordocuments if you already have uploaded, that's because they are experiencingsome problems with the new system. Make sure to email them (as attachments) thedocuments if/when requested. In my case I uploaded the docs and sent an emailto the team email address - which you will be given when the CO is allocated, aday after I was asked to email as attachments.

Good luck with the journey guys! Plenty to do and still buzzing!

We submitted our 189 Visa on 3rd December, uploaded all documents etc. We are hoping for a Case Officer within the next week and praying we get asked to go for Medicals and obtain Police Checks. Anyone on 189 or 190 been allocated a CO yet? Looks like Christmas may have delayed it all a bit :mad:

Hi - first post from me!

Congratulations on your visa waj :)

I just thought i'd share my timeline as another person in the December club:

VIC SS lodged 11th December 2012

VIC SS accepted 18th December 2012

Visa application lodged 23th December 2012

Medicals done in Melbourne 2nd January 2013

All documents uploaded by 3rd January - apart from waiting on a UK police check

Co Allocated - waiting

Have any of you guys received an acknowledgment letter confirming your visa application etc.

We submitted our 189 Visa on 3rd December, uploaded all documents etc. We are hoping for a Case Officer within the next week and praying we get asked to go for Medicals and obtain Police Checks. Anyone on 189 or 190 been allocated a CO yet? Looks like Christmas may have delayed it all a bit :mad:

Hi

I put my 190 application in on 6-7 December and heard from CO on December 18.

I've got Tassie SS and my CO is in Adelaide. I don't know if different offices have different work loads and therefore take longer to process applicants.

Thanks Katyroo, I did get an acknowledgement (email) on the same day I lodged my visa. You should get one pretty soon (have they taken the money out?), I think most of those emails are auto generated and as you know by now the system has been erratic!

Good luck with your application!

@Wendylewis, I applied for 190, things were pretty quick for me, not sure why, all I can think of is I had one employer for the past 10 years and the checks they had to do would have been minimal. Good luck anyways!

Thanks Katyroo, I did get an acknowledgement (email) on the same day I lodged my visa. You should get one pretty soon (have they taken the money out?), I think most of those emails are auto generated and as you know by now the system has been erratic!

Good luck with your application!

@Wendylewis, I applied for 190, things were pretty quick for me, not sure why, all I can think of is I had one employer for the past 10 years and the checks they had to do would have been minimal. Good luck anyways!

Hi guys,

just wanted to join the forum, I applied for my 190 on the 14th of December and waiting for a case officer to be assigned. I spoke to immigration today and they advised that generally the period for co to be assigned is 5 weeks but because of Christmas shutdown it might take 7-8 weeks :( as they were off from the 28th of Dec to early this week.

Hi guys,

just wanted to join the forum, I applied for my 190 on the 14th of December and waiting for a case officer to be assigned. I spoke to immigration today and they advised that generally the period for co to be assigned is 5 weeks but because of Christmas shutdown it might take 7-8 weeks :( as they were off from the 28th of Dec to early this week.

Thanks for this info Kuber. I had no idea the delay would be so long! Especially as it seems a lot of people on the forum were having pretty quick turn-arounds before (1-2 weeks) xmas.

At least this will stop me checking my emails every 5 mins :)

thanks again!