State Sponsorships 2012/13 - Number available vs Number issues (currently)

Alan Collett

For those considering a State Sponsorsed skilled visa, here are the number of available State Sponsorships for the year to 30/06/2013, and the number of Sponsorships actually issued as at 10 days ago:

WA - 3,850/1,283

VIC - 3,700/414

NSW - 2,600/228

SA - 2,400/750

QLD - 1,850/36

ACT - 1,100/178

NT - 600/66

TAS - 150/16

TOTAL - 16,250/2,971

Clearly the rate at which Sponsorships are issued is going to have to accelerate significantly over the next 6 months.

As an aside, has anyone who has a trade occupation received an invitation to lodge a subclass 189 visa yet? It seems to me that only Accountants, Engineers, IT occupations, teachers, and medicos have received invitations thus far => those with trade skills really ought be progressing State Sponsorship applications if they want comfort as to a positive visa outcome.

I have the numbers for the new business innovation visas too - anyone who is interested should send an email to me.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

Thanks for taking the time to post these figures, they make interesting reading.

It looks by my rough schoolboy maths that about 20% have been issued. In the grand scheme of things, with it being a whole new system, is that too bad? If QLD got their fingers out and did more than the 2% they've managed so far, it would look a lot healthier I think.

I know I looked at the stats myself and from memory the early days were a bit slow but I suppose that was to be expected with no existing applications in the pipeline from before July.

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months though.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest71715

Hi Alan, not sure if you remember my initial enquiry a year ago, i realise now how very nieve i was at the time i had no idea how complicated the whole process was. I would never in a million years have been able to "go it alone". We are awaiting TRA results then hoping to submit an EOI in the next couple of months if all goes to plan. Marina and stephen have been invaluable. Thanks for your guidance

Hi Alan, not sure if you remember my initial enquiry a year ago, i realise now how very nieve i was at the time i had no idea how complicated the whole process was. I would never in a million years have been able to "go it alone". We are awaiting TRA results then hoping to submit an EOI in the next couple of months if all goes to plan. Marina and stephen have been invaluable. Thanks for your guidance

That's very kind - and thank you for asking us to help.

Best regards.