You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Perthbum

Couples who choice not to have kids.

Any problems getting pregnant, send them to me, I only have to look at a girl and she will fall pregnant, I am a baby machine, and yes I have donated for free.

What a worrying prospect !! Are these progeny in UK or Aus?

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

Australia is not overpopulated.

Our politicians introduced measures such as baby bonus to encourage Australian families to have more children.

Peter Costello asked us to think of a normal family as having Mum, Dad and 3 kids.

He said have 1 kid for mum, 1 for dad and one for the country.

This was in 2006. http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/budget-bonus-for-mothers-and-families/2006/05/07/1146940411253.html

I want it all, and I want it now.

Our politicians introduced measures such as baby bonus to encourage Australian families to have more children.

Peter Costello asked us to think of a normal family as having Mum, Dad and 3 kids.

This was in 2006. http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/budget-bonus-for-mothers-and-families/2006/05/07/1146940411253.html

Wow the childcare for 3 kids here (UK) would cost me £3000/ month! So I'll just have to be selfish and stick at 1. ( or move to Aus and get the benefits!)

Edited by Bound4Tassie

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

One of my best friends elected not to have children because she doesn't particularly like them and doesn't have a maternal bone in her body.

She is far from selfish and spends a good deal of her time helping those less fortunate than herself. She is perfectly happy with her life and doesn't regret not having a family.

I'm not sure why people seem to care so much about the choices other people make in relation to having children.

To the OP - if my friends husband dies before her I believe she has left her entire estate (which is considerable) to charity.

Guest Guest26012

If couples decide not to have children then good on them! I have one daughter and I chose to have her! My sister and husband chose not to have children and that's ok! It doesn't make them selfish, just good aunts and uncles! I would have been unhappy to see them bow to pressure from family, friends, society when it wasn't what they wanted! They are happy and fulfilled with their lives and no regrets.:xmas17:

You could argue that people who choose to have children are victims of evolution.

The choices of our ancestors mean many of our brains are hardwired to procreate, to find cuteness in our offspring, and to give up a lot personally to help our children. You could argue that those without the paternal/maternal urge have received an evolutionary get out of jail free card. :laugh:

Guest Guest26012
You could argue that people who choose to have children are victims of evolution.

The choices of our ancestors mean many of our brains are hardwired to procreate, to find cuteness in our offspring, and to give up a lot personally to help our children. You could argue that those without the paternal/maternal urge have received an evolutionary get out of jail free card. :laugh:

Very philosophical! Lol! :xmas17:

I thought Parley was taking a bit of flack for no reason too. I didn't think it was that emotive a subject tbh. Some want and have kids, some choose not to, some want and can't have them and spend loads trying all sorts of methods.

Didn't think there was a wrong or right answer.

I think it might have been the early posts say people were "strange" etc that fired some up.

Tried to correct it, but too late they ha bitten!

We've decided not to have children, we have 5 nieces an nephews so far, yep we are probably too selfish and love our holidays etc. to be honest I'd rather be like that than have a child just to conform.

Also, I don't think I'd be sitting on my Aussie veranda feeding the possums if I had children as I wouldn't have been able to take them away from their grandparents!!

Each to there own, I actually admire people who have children....it's the biggest commitment to me.

Jane (Main App-Podiatrist) & Dale (Contracts Manager) ¦ Flying to Melbourne 9th July 2012.....a new life :)

That's a contentious issue. There are some who think the country already has too many people for the ecosystems to sustain.

But I was thinking of the world population. If we are already using the resources of one and a half planets, there will come a time when those resources are exhausted. Which will be a problem for our descendants. So those who choose not to have kids should be appreciated, even if one doesn't share their choice.

I don't think many people would have kids just because Peter Costello said so. I hope not!:shocked:

That's a contentious issue. There are some who think the country already has too many people for the ecosystems to sustain.

But I was thinking of the world population. If we are already using the resources of one and a half planets, there will come a time when those resources are exhausted. Which will be a problem for our descendants. So those who choose not to have kids should be appreciated, even if one doesn't share their choice.

I don't think many people would have kids just because Peter Costello said so. I hope not!:shocked:

No way...I stopped having sex just to spite him :laugh:

The choices of our ancestors mean many of our brains are hardwired to procreate, to find cuteness in our offspring, and to give up a lot personally to help our children.

Good point, fish.01. It has been necessary in the past for as many people as possible to reproduce in order for the species to survive.

But that is no longer the problem. The problem now is whether the planet can survive.

No way...I stopped having sex just to spite him :laugh:

That'll teach him! No wonder he retired.:wubclub:

He did indeed and one of his dafter comments. Paying people to breed is a no goer. All too many take advantage just for the dosh,making for greater social problems down the line.......Have children if you can afford them and want them and are able to raise them.

why is it strange?? I used to not want kids, still not 100% sure I do want children, but I have lots of years to decide. There's too many things in the world that I want to do, that I couldn't do if I had children. Not saying children aren't worth the sacrifice, but no point having kids unless you've done everything in life you want to do first (like travelling for me).

To the OP - if my friends husband dies before her I believe she has left her entire estate (which is considerable) to charity.

And if all my human beneficiaries die before me, my estate, which is NOT considerable, will go to the cats' home.:angel_happy_face_ha

why is it strange?? I used to not want kids, still not 100% sure I do want children, but I have lots of years to decide. There's too many things in the world that I want to do, that I couldn't do if I had children. Not saying children aren't worth the sacrifice, but no point having kids unless you've done everything in life you want to do first (like travelling for me).

Certainly have fun while you're young first. Plenty of time to settle down later.

You can do both

I want it all, and I want it now.

I haven't had children because:

I'm not interested in being a mother;

I didn't want to go through pregnancy;

I've never felt truly 'settled' for any significant length of time;

And now I'm too old anyway. I don't care, I have my husband who's also not interested in being a parent, and my cat.

I've been called selfish too. The guy who said it assumed I was depriving potential grandparents - I soon shut him up when I told him both my parents died years ago.

As for where my dosh goes, I sincerely hope it's all spent on having a great life when the time comes. Otherwise that really would be a waste!

Edited by paisleylass

She'll be right!

I was just thinking perhaps it's selfish of us to not have kids, but since the kids aren't born in the first place we're not hurting anyones feelings. It's not like the human race is gonna die out any time soon LOL.

I was just thinking perhaps it's selfish of us to not have kids, but since the kids aren't born in the first place we're not hurting anyones feelings. It's not like the human race is gonna die out any time soon LOL.

It's often to keep ourselves happy that we decide to start having kids anyway...rather than any altruistic notion's towards the future kid.

Edited by fish.01

Selfish decisions either way then lol, still, it's whatever people decide, everyones different.

Selfish decisions either way then lol, still, it's whatever people decide, everyones different.

Perhaps selfish either way,but I think not having kids is a conscious decision made and if in a partnership discussed. If both conclude the same it can hardly be selfish. I have terminated relationships(jointly) in the past where the other person felt the desire to have children.

It would only be selfish if I attempted to subvert the others decision in some way to come around to my thinking.

Indeed we are all different...and this natural variation as a whole has been vital for the survival of our species.

Sadly, the choice was taken away from us, but there are a lot of advantages to not having children. We have travelled extensively and often at a moment's notice. We always have time for eachother. We have family and friends who have kids who say they love to spend time with us to talk about "non kiddie" subjects. When you look after other people's kids, you get to hand them back again. As my BFF says I have kept young as I have no kids to make me old, don't know how true this is:biggrin:

IELTS 02/12 = 9's, AQF III 31/05/12, TRA Ass 14/11/12, EOI Submitted 14/11/12, Invite Received 15/11/12, 489 FS Lodged 29/11/12, CO Assigned 01/01/13, Meds 17/01/13 Grant 02/04/2013 189 Independent Visa Invitation 22/04/13, VISA GRANT 01/05/13

Arrived in Perth 09/10/13

I was indifferent to having children, but as my relationship with my b/f (now hubby) developed we decided that we wanted children and were 'ready' to be parents. For me that was the root of my indifference ... being a parent, having total responsibility for a child emotionally, psychologically, physically, financially - it's a massive commitment and one I wouldn't have entered into if I didn't feel that I could provide those things for my offspring, if I didn't believe that I and my husband could do the best for our children - we wouldn't have had them.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I hate it when peope who do not want kids are told they ar missing out, wat about the the other side of the coin, the freedom and the cash to see the world whenever you want without ties, the more intense time you ave with your partner without screaming brats to look after....lots going for both camps

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..