Mine Field of Information HELP!!!!!

Guest Cane Family

Guest Cane Family

Hi everyone, after some 1 millions searches i have finally found a forum that hopefully be able to answer some of our questions / dilemmas. So here goes, (could be a long post this one) i suggest you get a coffee sit back and relax :biglaugh:

Who we are: - We are the Cane family from Warrington, Cheshire. I am Steve (40), my wife Adele (42) and our two daughters Laura (14) & Georgia (9). We like so many people on this forum have had enough of Great "rip off" Britain and have made the big step in deciding we want to move away to Oz.

I currently work for a global IT consultancy firm, I am a Team Leader in the support centre supporting a ERP system called SAP, this seems to score highly in the assessment test that can be done online (as SAP is a wanted skill). Scores range from 115, 120, 125 & 130 so some varying scores, but after some investigation it seems I would have to do a RPL assessment with the Australian Computer Society detailing my work history as I do not have a degree, I have learnt my skill from work experience, been on a few SAP course’s. Adele has no formal qualifications and is a Sales Office supervisor, so no score there. (Adele has just had a go at me for saying this) :realmad:

I have a brother in Brisbane, and he has been there June 2007, so we may have the sponsor option but again I do not want to put unwanted pressure (if any) on him.

I have spoken to some job agencies and they seem positive they can get me a job (but they will say that).

We have been on that many websites reading page after page after page of information, all, the more I read the more confused we get. I guess what we are after is a basic guide on where we should start the process and how to get the ball rolling, should we do this should we do that, it’s all a bit confusing to say the least.

So any advice, help or information would go down a storm here.

All the very best from the Cane household (AKA Nut house)

The bad news :no:

The Australian government checked the previous three years salary

Of my sponsor.

It has to be a minimum of 50k for all three years (please check this not sure of

The exact figure).

Example

50k, 50k, 50k is ok

100k, 100k, 49.9800k does not work.

I know this because my first sponsor could not sponsor because $200 short

on the last of the three years even though they earned way above the minimum for the other two years. :no:

I was fortunate to find a second sponsor.

Please contact a registered emigation agent for conformation on this.

Guest Cane Family

Of my sponsor.

It has to be a minimum of 50k for all three years (please check this not sure of

The exact figure).

Example

50k, 50k, 50k is ok

on the last of the three years even though they earned way above the minimum for the other two years. :no:

So that route is out as he has only been there since June 2007, again thanks for the reply....

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

hi we are in the processing of filling in all the paperwork for oz. At the start we were in a dilemma if we should pay for an agent or not,but in the end,after reading all the threads,we decided to go for it. Whichever agent you use,it is entirely up tp you.What i would suggest,firstly,is get in touch with an imigration agent that offers a FREE 15 moinute consultation,that will be enough time for them to tell you all your options. Then you can go with them or contact another agent.would recommend either go matilda or emigration overseas, the charge we were quoted using emigration oversea was £3,000-3,500. which includes all paperwork,meds,police checks ect.good luck with your enquiries.:jiggy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Of my sponsor.

The exact figure).

Example

50k, 50k, 50k is ok

Hiya

The requirements have been eased for the Sponsor because an Assurance of Support is no longer required, ergo I would imagine that the Sponsor's income is now irrelevant.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
One thing i did forget to mention or ask, what are peoples views on using agents for this???

Regards

Hi Steve

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I don't know anything about IT or about RPL, but I know a man who does.....! Please see here:

Ptlabs Consulting

You sound to me as if you might need a hand with the skills assessment, in which case I would say that Peter Chiam (ptlabs) would be your man because he is a compuer wizard himself so he understands all the technical jargon with IT stuff.

I'd say get the skills assessment under your belt, with Peter's help if you feel you need that. Focus on this part of the process for now.

For the moment, you can afford to defer making a decision about whether or not to use an Agent for the subsequent visa application. I would suggest that you can look into that whilst you wait for your skills assessment to come back.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Cane Family

Well an update from us all here in the scorching heat of the UK (yea right) :biglaugh:

I did indeed contact Peter, and low and behold I am on my way to completing my RPL. I can certainly say without a shadow of a doubt that with out Peters help and extensive knowledge I would be still sat here reading the RPL form. :wacko:

Peter is very good at what he does, I found it hard to express what I know out on paper, but by magic Peter pulled it out of the hat for me.

I would recommend Peter to anyone who is struggling with the ACS RPL Application.

See link below : -

Ptlabs Consulting

Steve (40) Computer Professional - SAP, Adele (42), Laura (14) and Georgia (9)

5/2/08 - Flights booked to Brisbane fact find / Holiday go 17th May

10/2/08 - Appointed Agent

10/2/08 - Preparation for ACS (RPL) - Ongoing

11/2/08 - CBOK started 9 sections to do.

Archived