Guest immisam

ACS Assessment - Software Engineer - Employer Reference Issue

Guest immisam

Hi every one

This is SAM from India. I am into the preparatory stage of filing the Skill Assessment for Software Engineer but have got stuck into a situation. I have got more than 3 years of Software Engineering experience (see details below) with two employers.

- 20 months with prev employer as Software Engineer

- 24 months with current employer as Assistant Manager (IT Department) but working as Software Engineer

I am working at a large firm employing more than 14000 people and we do not have any skill specific job titles like Software Engineer etc. instead we have general titles for all designations starting from Junior Office to Director (JO, Off, Sn. Off, AM, DM, Manager, DGM, GM etc)

My current employer provided the employment certificate with the following Roles and Responsibilities. However, my consultant objects that these do not correspond to the Software Engineer (ACS and DIAC) and the experience of two years can not claimed. He wants to have another letter from the same employer but the employer is refusing to issue.

Roles & Responsibilities:

• Conduct business analysis and develop requirement documents to implement software solutions
  • Develop project schedule and assists project manager to resource and manage projects
  • Implement software system as per the requirement documents and provide post implementation support
  • Create and execute application test scripts, scenarios, and test plans during Unit, Integration and System Testing
  • Creating user manuals, training documents and training users

Considering the above situation, what are the alternatives for me?

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

SAM

Hey Sam,

The Option that i could suggest is you could make a Statutory declaration and have it certified and you could support this with your bankstatements, payslips, Income tax filings as form of employment evidence.

Right now i'm unable to help you out with the link for the draft copy for, somebody would be able to help you on that

Guest immisam

Thanks Srini for the suggestion.

Can you please elaborate more on the Statutory Declaration?

Regards

SAM

Hi,

Is there any one here who tried with statutory declaration for employment reference? I too am in a similar situation. In my past 10 years of working, I have only my first employer (about 3 years worked) who gave me a clear letter of employment which states my area of responsibility and roles clearly mentioned. My current employer won't give me a letter without stating the purpose. And there are a list of approved purposes like applying for passport renewal or applying personal loan etc. Now I can't submit a letter stating my employment and the purpose mentioned as one of these, right? Moreover my roles or responsibilities are not listed. That's when I started thinking about statutory declaration. The link given by Srini is no longer working. Please suggest if this is fine and if so what should be the format. I have also heard that a co-worked can also certify this as a statutory declaration on his/her behalf. Please help.

Regards

Anish

I need you help to know that with the designation of Assistant manager can claim in the software engineer ???

I mean ACS will accept the designation ???

I need you help to know that with the designation of Assistant manager can claim in the software engineer ???

I mean ACS will accept the designation ???