frogian

Second stage of 309/100 visa app - my thoughts on it

Applied for my 309 / 100 visa 21 months ago (off shore) and my 309 was granted within 3 months (have lived in Oz nearly 15 months).

Received a request from the immi department on Tue to send necessary docs so they could process the 100 visa stage of my app.

One of the docs I need to provide is an AFP police check cert, so I applied for one online yesterday morning at about 11am (e-mailed them PDF’s of the docs they needed etc). I got a confirmation at 1pm today that the check had been completed and the cert is on it’s way to me. Fast or what?!

The 100 stage app requirements look a piece of cake compared with the hoops jumped through and documentation that had to be provided in support of the first stage (309) of the visa app.

Nothing has changed circumstance wise for us so all that needs to be done (as far as I can see) is for us to complete the individual stat dec docs that Oz immi sent to us (we just fill in the blanks!) and drop them back to them along with my police check cert.

Seems the requirements of the second stage of the visa app will be a LOT less hassle than the initial one!

Hi frogian,

I know it's a daft question as you did put 21 months ago, but what date did you apply for the visa as I think I may be up soon

Up to stage 2 waiting for the 100 visa to be sorted !!!Loving the aussie life

Hi frogian,

what date did you apply for the visa as I think I may be up soon

My app went in 27/02/11 Peemacgee.