anyone in rural NSW?

I see lots of opportunities for get togethers in the metropolitan areas but nothing for rural areas. Doesn't anyone move to the country? I have lived in rural NSW for 5 years since moving from Liverpool, UK and love the life here. It would be lovely though to meet up with some poms who share the same. Living in Rylstone (30 mins from Mudgee, 1 hour from Bathurst).

That's interesting I passed through Rylstone on my bicycle in October and I was interested how the locals pronounced the word. I come from a town 30km from the Rylstone in Yorkshire. We always pronounced it Ril-stone but of course they pronounce it Rile-stone in Australia. I asked a few locals but they didn't seem interested in the pronunciation. I even asked a woman in the information office. She was pretty keen to fob me off. The origin of the name in Australia seems to be unclear. That's a nice part of Australia. Very hilly roads. Good on you for living in the country. But why would you want to meet up with Brits? HaHa.:xmas30:

lol Billybaxter, I do love it here, beautiful part of the world. Just occasionally I miss the British sense of humour - sometimes the Aussies just dont get it. Coming from Liverpool in the UK I love northern humour. I don't actually think Aussies understand how much we have to go through to get out here - they don;t always appreciate what they have - having said that, I have some lovely Aussie friends who I wouldn't trade for the world (and I don't want to sound like a whinging pom lol).

Archived