angelofmercy186

Restricted electrician employment

How do the majority of restricted sparks get employment in oz? Do they just apply fo apprentice positions and hope for the besr? Lookin to move in bout a year n just about to start the whole process. Do recruitment agencies help with the search?

How do the majority of restricted sparks get employment in oz? Do they just apply fo apprentice positions and hope for the besr? Lookin to move in bout a year n just about to start the whole process. Do recruitment agencies help with the search?

With great difficulty! You apply for electrician positions or TA, But i have only ever seen 1 job advertised for a TA in 4 months of being here. Forget recruitment agencies they are a waste of time in my experience. One very famous agency was very dismissive of me as well because as the girl said 'our clients only want A grade electricians so we wouldn't be willing to put you forward'. Never tried applying for an apprentice position but seeing as they pay 15 dollars an hr or so i think ill pass on that one lol. Good luck you will need it! Macdonalds and KFC are always hiring though!

Theres got to be some success stories on here, willing to pritty much go anywher in oz till i get licensed n a couple o years under my belt.

Theres got to be some success stories on here, willing to pritty much go anywher in oz till i get licensed n a couple o years under my belt.

Its not all doom and gloom, I have got a job but its not a great job and i do have to do homework that gets sent to me from the college before i get my license. Its just not easy that's all i am saying!

I dont mind the homework side,its just gettin ther n not bein able to get a position. Lookin at possibly the ARTC route on a holiday visa then tryin that way but not sure yet.

Guest DonaldMartin

Hello Friends,

The Restricted Electrical Worker's Licence entitles you to carry out low voltage electrical installation work relating to equipment that is connected to a fixed electrical installation, associated with your primary trade, vocation or calling (occupation) and would otherwise require the services of a registered electrical contractor or a licensed electrician. The Restricted Electrical Worker's Licence entitles the holder to carry out electrical installation work involving disconnection and reconnection of equipment as indicated on the licence.

Before you apply for a licence you must confirm the primary function of work with the ESV and then successfully complete the course through a TAFE college or other registered training provider.

Thanks and Regards,

Donald Martin

Guest rainahudson44

Every person who wants to work as an electrician must pass a master electrician examination

[TABLE=width: 213]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl66, width: 213]Criminal Background Check[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]