Received 5 points from EOI even before applying for State Sponsorship..

IceMan1000

Hi All,

This week I submitted my EOI for subclass 190. After it was submitted I had a look at EOI Points Breakdown PDF and it had awarded 5 points for me for "State/Territory Nomination" even though I have not submitted an application for State Sponsorship.

My worry is if they would refuse my EOI for claiming more points. The only thing I can think of is, in the EOI form "Preferred Location within Australia Screen" I selected Victoria.

Is this normal for points to be awarded even before applying for state sponsorship?

Thanks

Hi All,

This week I submitted my EOI for subclass 190. After it was submitted I had a look at EOI Points Breakdown PDF and it had awarded 5 points for me for "State/Territory Nomination" even though I have not submitted an application for State Sponsorship.

My worry is if they would refuse my EOI for claiming more points. The only thing I can think of is, in the EOI form "Preferred Location within Australia Screen" I selected Victoria.

Is this normal for points to be awarded even before applying for state sponsorship?

Thanks

iceman. have you lodged your SS with VIC yet?

In the Victoria state sponsorship application I see the following Question.

Q1.6 Please provide your DIAC points mark e.g. 60Maximum of 3 charactersHide HelpFor most Australian general skilled migration visas, your application will be assessed against the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) points test. You can claim points under a range of different factors. The maximum points that can be claimed in any one factor reflect how valuable those characteristics are in the Australian labour market or in assisting settlement. Potential sponsorship points should not be included in the number of points indicated for this question.

So, Since I have 65 points including the 5 points I see in the EOI application for "State/Territory Nomination", should I say 60 or 65 for this question in the state sponsorship application? The text I have highlighted in red is a little confusing.

Thanks

In the Victoria state sponsorship application I see the following Question.

So, Since I have 65 points including the 5 points I see in the EOI application for "State/Territory Nomination", should I say 60 or 65 for this question in the state sponsorship application? The text I have highlighted in red is a little confusing.

Thanks

you put down how many points you have EXCLUDING SS from VIC.