Moving to Macksville near coffs harbour in January!

Guest Sophia

Hello!

My husband and I are moving to macksville just south of Coffs Harbour in January.

If anyone is from the area we'd love to hear from you or if you have any tips/advice that would be great.

Its all starting to sink in now that we're not that far off from saying our goodbyes to loved ones!

Thanks

Soph

Hi Sophia

Welcome to Poms in Oz!

Maybe also try a post in the NSW section of the forum http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/new-south-wales/ as some of the people on there may not come into this section often.

Saying goodbyes to loved ones are always awful and you will find lots of posts in the forum on that subject!

All the best with the move

Tee

I don't know it that well. On my last trip I stayed overnight at Sawtell, just north, and Kempsey, just south. I see it has a hospital and is on the railway line too. Bellingen just to the north west is not too far away and that is a lovely old 'heritage' town. A lady who worked at the hotel in Sawtell told me to go there. And Philip Hughes, sometime Aussie Test cricketer comes from Macksville! You should not have any commuting hassles living there!

• 3 months later...

Hi Soph,

You must now be here! Welcome to the beuatiful Nambucca Valley! I live in Valla and work in Macksville.

How are you getting on? Would be great to catch up if youre settled and feel like a chat over a drink at the Star or a coffee down River Street.

Hope youre getting on okay, the move went well and to hear from you soon :-)

Selina

Hiya missmileyselina and Sophia,

My partner and I live in Urunga, not far from either of you. Im Aussie and he's the Pom. We would definitely like to meet some friends and have a drink if either of you are up for it or maybe we could do a group meeting? Let me know....Cheers Alicia :)

Hiya missmileyselina and Sophia,

My partner and I live in Urunga, not far from either of you. Im Aussie and he's the Pom. We would definitely like to meet some friends and have a drink if either of you are up for it or maybe we could do a group meeting? Let me know....Cheers Alicia :)

Hi Alicia, I have "met" your other half on here :biggrin: Fancy coming to live the other side of the world and finding another Midlander just down the road (by Aussie standards hehe)?! I am definately keen to catch up with you guys for a beer! There does seem to be a few pommes in our "south of Coffs" area so maybe we could try and organise an open to all bbq too? now that the weather is finally behaving (hope I havent just jinxed us there!!) Hope to see ya soon, Selina

That sounds like a great plan misssmileyselina. Other than Sophia who else do you know that we can invite? Ill send you a pm with my email address and we can try to get this organised. We are off back to the UK for 2 weeks early April, so looking forward to it!!