Info re HGV Drivers in Perth

Guest Sarajayne

Guest Sarajayne

Hi there, I am pretty new to this so I will try and keep this short.....

My OH is an Hgv Driver, not on the SOL, so causing a big headache, He is looking into taking a course, 1st idea was electrician but we have been told to look at bricklaying as he can gain an NVQ level 2 and then try and apply through Vetassess !!!

I am really not sure if this is the right info but we will give anything a go, Eric, on this forum, said that he heard of someone getting a visa or sponsorship being an HGV Driver,something to do with employment in Perth, he said to look through the threads, does this ring any bells to anyone, or can anyone give me any advise.

Why is it all so confusing !!!!!

HELP........

Sara x :arghh:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sara

Yes, I remember the thread but it was ages ago now and I don't know what the eventual outcome was. The thread is here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/17360-our-trucking-friends.html

Phil is a good guy. His contact details are here:

Migration Agents Registration Authority

Erm. well... According to the message the MARA register of Agents is down at the minute but you will be able to search it and get a phone mumber for Phil when it comes back up.

However, the Thinking Australia client who was said to have found employer sponsorship as a HGV driver through TA was much more recent. It could be, too, that the truckie found the employer himself and that TA simply assisted both sides with the nomination and visa process. Hence I think you should ask Darrell Todd what actually happened with TA's client, to discover whether TA found the sponsor or what the story actually was.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Sara,

Just a quick one we are also wanting to go to Aus, OH is a HGV driver!

I posted a thread 26/11/2007, with helpful info but we are no nearer. We are going on holiday in a couple of months so we are hoping we may find someone to sponser us.

Let me know if you get anywhere and I will let you know if i find anything.

Thanks

Guest austibeach

Thanks Gill, I knew you would come up trumps with Phil Olsen's name, I had forgotten who had been looking for drivers. Although it was quite a while ago, it's always worth giving him a call

Eric.

Archived