darcyscorpion

Statutory declaration, sworn statement or affadavit ?

HiHave been requested to to complete a properly signed statutory declaration as proof of self employment. Anyone know of a template that is widely accepted please?

Hi Darcyscorpion, I also had to provide this document. I went to a local solicitors and they charged me £20 to read out and sign the stat dec. my agent provided me with the documentation that I needed. Are you using an agent?

Matt

Carpenter, 190 Visa for South Australia, IELTS Reading 8 - Writing 9 - Listening 8 - Speaking 9, Lodged EOI 23 August 2012. PCC lodged 09 November 2012 - SA & DIAC Invite 27 November 2012, Medicals received Jan 26th 2013, Medicals referred Jan 29th 2013, Visa Granted 16/04/2013, Leave for Oz 08/07/2013

Thankyou for feedback

Am not using migration agent. Wife is applying for skills certificate and then we can activate the EoI application process online. The sworn statement link appears to be for Australian citizens as the legal witness list refers to people that practice in Australia. Please see text below:

Being Self employed in England UK, I have to make a Statutory Declaration and it requires a witness. On the link quoted above i find the following:

I live overseas and need to make a statutory declaration

You will need to find a witness who is both:

• on the list of authorised witnesses
  • has a connection with Australia.

For example, a doctor who is registered to practise medicine in Australia can witness your declaration, but a doctor who is not registered in Australia cannot.

Can i not use my accountant? What sort of Australia connection do you require?

Jane

Send me a PM with your email adress and ill forward you a copy of my Stat Declaration , theyre quite indepth but easy enough to write up , like writing a short story of your business and employment ,

lee

IELTS 08/10/11 8.5/8.5/7.5/9...8.5 O/A, VETASSESS 15/11/11,level 1 pass 19/12/11,practical 25/02/12, results 21/03/12, WA SS 04/04/2012,Approved 30/04/12,DIAC 18/05/2012, CO 28/05/12, PC's 30/05/12, meds 01/06/12 PCC 19/06/12 , VISA Granted 21/06/12......

They are being ridiculous. You cannot be expected to get a statutory declaration signed outside Australia. The purpose of the countersignature is that the person would be liable to heavy penalties in Australia if they do not witness it properly. But people outside Australia are beyond the reach of Australian law, so it is a pointless exercise.

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Don't Australian staff at the High Commission offer a service to certify and witness documents?

Has anyone ever found out who we can use to witness a self dec?? Reading the self declaration website info it does seem to need a Australian linked professional???

You can try to find a Justice of the Peace, or go the the Australian embassy or a consulate, where they provide such sevices but charge a fee.