EOI Approved But agent advising not to apply Visa

RKHP

Wish You all a very Happy New Year:)

Susi3 we have wasted 3060$ visa fee as well as our time:(

We have Withdrawn our case and planning to file a fresh application.Fingers crossed this time.

"At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification".->"total skilled work experience to the date of application equates to 8years and 4 months. If 5 years of work experience is taken in lieu of formal qualification, you will have only 3 years and 4 months of work at the skilled level provided you meet the employment requirements."

Littlefoot and Other experts,

What would be the highest qualification that i am supposed to put while filling the EOI???

Hi Mausam, sorry for the delay in replying to this. To my understanding, the answer to your question is no. The ASRI for your nominated occupation says:"This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification."Your Diploma won't meet the required level. It may have been recognised by the ACS, but it won't qualify for any points with DIAC. ASRI goes on to say:"At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification"If you want your case officer to recognise 8 years of work experience without a formal qualification, you'll need to reference five years additional experience - a total of 13 years. Since you started work in the industry in 2003, you won't have that until 2016.
Hi

Thanks for your reply however, you have replied to me not Mausam actually.

Can you please let us know that, how DIAC will count skilled work experience without formal qualification in case of 3 years of relevant experience substitutes for the formal qualification?I have over 13 years of TOTAL work experience and do not have a formal qualification.

In that case can I get 15 points my over 8 years of work experience in last 10 years? OR 3 years will be deducted from my last 10 years work experience and I will get 10 points for 5 years work experience in last 10 years?

In short, I want to ask you that, 3 years of substitute relevant experience will be deducted from TOTAL work experience or from 10 years work experience?

Hope you will help and reply.

Thank you.

Edited by mpatel
spaces

• 3 weeks later...
Wish You all a very Happy New Year:)

Susi3 we have wasted 3060$ visa fee as well as our time:(

We have Withdrawn our case and planning to file a fresh application.Fingers crossed this time.

"At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification".->"total skilled work experience to the date of application equates to 8years and 4 months. If 5 years of work experience is taken in lieu of formal qualification, you will have only 3 years and 4 months of work at the skilled level provided you meet the employment requirements."

Littlefoot and Other experts,

What would be the highest qualification that i am supposed to put while filling the EOI???

Hi Mausam,

Does your case officer request for certificate of Clarence(police Clarence cert)? Before request you to withdraw the application .

Thanks in advance .....

Be careful as we have recently had to withdraw our application on the same code going through ACS and having a successful skills assessment 263111 plus English tests etc

We thought we had more points than we have you can only claim experience/or qualifications not both as we found out when we were informed we had less points than we had received on our EOI.

Also don't forget they only count the lowest band of the English tests.

I am not being negative but we have just wasted so much time and £2500 only to be absolutely gutted to find ourselves in this situation.

Also to respond to person who has agent advising them not to apply I feel they are dealing with the many visa issues daily and are very aware that the system is flawed and you will not get your money back if you are declined or advised to withdraw.

I hope this helps some people there is no easy answer when it isn't what you want to hear.

Hi Susi,

Does your case officer requested you a police certificate before asking you to with draw a application ?

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

I guess the below details might help you!

In our case, we have applied for 190 visas and have already lodged visa application on 11th Dec, 2012.

I will tell you our story:

We had hired an agent, but not the registered one I believe. One day me and my wife decided to start the visa process on our own and not to take help from any agent.

We required 60 points, but just like you we were having 55 points.

Now if you will go to the skill select website and under the visa option 190 go to Points section. In that it is clearly mentioned that you'll get 5 points if state approves your visa sponsorship.

We did the same way and now we have already lodged an application.

If any states requires 60 points and 6.5 IELTS score then you can definitely apply for a visa.

We have applied for South Australia State Sponsorship

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Romil

Hi,

Thanks in Advance

I thought of Seeking experts advise on my peculiar case...:(

Let me give more clarity about my situation so that you can advise me...

I have Submitted my Diploma, work experience and other industry standard certificate(related to my work) to ACS and it got cleared June 2011. I did this to apply along with state sponsorship, Unfortunately the state closed the requirement for the occupation 263111 at the time.

When EOI thing was opened i asked my agent to apply along with my Degree (Which i did in correspondence) he agreed and told me my point was just 60 you wont get EOI approval. But November 16, 2012 i got Approval.

Now he is telling that you will not get visa as your not meeting the 60 points, His explanation is below

• Diploma 10points, 8 years experience 15points and for my age 30 points, so i will get only 55 Points.
  • with Degree (correspondence) 15 points, Since its correspondence my experience will be calculated after the completion date, I.e. 5+ years 10 Points and for Age 30 points. so i will get 55 points

Mean while applying the EOI i mentioned about my degree (degree has been verified by vetasses ), Diploma and all my job experience details completion dates and everything.

At this stage his advise to me is not to apply for visa, If i apply my application will be refused, Please provide your expert advise...:(

Meanwhile, I wanted to highlight that i have cleared my MBA systems (correspondence )this may be value add for my case...