EOI Approved But agent advising not to apply Visa

RKHP

Hi,

Thanks in Advance

I thought of Seeking experts advise on my peculiar case...:(

Let me give more clarity about my situation so that you can advise me...

I have Submitted my Diploma, work experience and other industry standard certificate(related to my work) to ACS and it got cleared June 2011. I did this to apply along with state sponsorship, Unfortunately the state closed the requirement for the occupation 263111 at the time.

When EOI thing was opened i asked my agent to apply along with my Degree (Which i did in correspondence) he agreed and told me my point was just 60 you wont get EOI approval. But November 16, 2012 i got Approval.

Now he is telling that you will not get visa as your not meeting the 60 points, His explanation is below

• Diploma 10points, 8 years experience 15points and for my age 30 points, so i will get only 55 Points.
  • with Degree (correspondence) 15 points, Since its correspondence my experience will be calculated after the completion date, I.e. 5+ years 10 Points and for Age 30 points. so i will get 55 points

Mean while applying the EOI i mentioned about my degree (degree has been verified by vetasses ), Diploma and all my job experience details completion dates and everything.

At this stage his advise to me is not to apply for visa, If i apply my application will be refused, Please provide your expert advise...:(

Meanwhile, I wanted to highlight that i have cleared my MBA systems (correspondence )this may be value add for my case...

Edited by RKHP

Is your agent a MARA registered Agent

Did you do the IELTS?

Ask your agent - why you wont get points for your degree, if it has been verified as Australian Equivalent with VETASSESS.

Your agent does not seem very helpful. But if you dont meet the points you have claimed your application will be rejected.

Its your decision if you wish to go ahead with the application providing the evidence you have to meet the claims on your EOI.

Hi,

Thanks in Advance

I thought of Seeking experts advise on my peculiar case...:(

Let me give more clarity about my situation so that you can advise me...

I have Submitted my Diploma, work experience and other industry standard certificate(related to my work) to ACS and it got cleared June 2011. I did this to apply along with state sponsorship, Unfortunately the state closed the requirement for the occupation 263111 at the time.

When EOI thing was opened i asked my agent to apply along with my Degree (Which i did in correspondence) he agreed and told me my point was just 60 you wont get EOI approval. But November 16, 2012 i got Approval.

Now he is telling that you will not get visa as your not meeting the 60 points, His explanation is below

• Diploma 10points, 8 years experience 15points and for my age 30 points, so i will get only 55 Points.

• with Degree (correspondence) 15 points, Since its correspondence my experience will be calculated after the completion date, I.e. 5+ years 10 Points and for Age 30 points. so i will get 55 points

Mean while applying the EOI i mentioned about my degree (degree has been verified by vetasses ), Diploma and all my job experience details completion dates and everything.

At this stage his advise to me is not to apply for visa, If i apply my application will be refused, Please provide your expert advise...:(

Meanwhile, I wanted to highlight that i have cleared my MBA systems (correspondence )this may be value add for my case...

Hi, your agent is havering. Both your prior and post qualification is acceptable for points test. The DIAC has final say, you just have to prove that prior to qualifying you we're working in your field at a relevant level to the job requirement for your job/ profession.

Is your agent a MARA registered Agent

Did you do the IELTS?

Ask your agent - why you wont get points for your degree, if it has been verified as Australian Equivalent with VETASSESS.

Your agent does not seem very helpful. But if you dont meet the points you have claimed your application will be rejected.

Its your decision if you wish to go ahead with the application providing the evidence you have to meet the claims on your EOI.

Yes , they are registered agent...:(

My Ielts score is 6.5, I have all the proofs to submit for my claim.

Thanks for u r response

If you can only reach 55 points even if you submit an EOI it cannot be considered by DIAC as they currently require a minimum of 60 points before they will consider your EOI.

If you are only able to score 55 points with either of youralternative combinations you need to consider how to gain an extra 5 points.

For example, can you get a better score in IELTS?

That or to calculate if there is a time when the play off between your gaining points for qualifications but subsequently loosing points as you have less work experience work experience when combined with your age at that time might link together to provide those 60 points.

Edited by TeeTMI

If you can only reach 55 points even if you submit an EOI it cannot be considered by DIAC as they currently require a minimum of 60 points before they will consider your EOI.

If you are only able to score 55 points with either of youralternative combinations you need to consider how to gain an extra 5 points.

For example, can you get a better score in IELTS?

That or to calculate if there is a time when the play off between your gaining points for qualifications but subsequently loosing points as you have less work experience work experience when combined with your age at that time might link together to provide those 60 points.

Hi thanks for your response....

I already got an EOI approval.... My query is I cannot claim 8+ years along with my degree? I don't have any gape in my experience and I have proof for that..

If the answer is yes then I have 60 points....

My occupation is 263111

Hi,

We are also in this peculiar sitaution.My fingers are crossed.

• My Regular qualification is Diploma in Computer science completed on 2003, After completing the Diploma i started working in IT. Hence my total Experience is 8+ years now.
  • After completing my Diploma I studied Associate Membership Examination Parts A and B from the Institution of Engineers completed in September 2010 in Correspondence,

I had received Positive skill assessment from the ACS UNDER 263111(Computer Network and system Engineer) ANZSCO code on 5th September 2012.

As you mentioned above that 263111 occupation doesn't required degree so will i get Points for my Bachelor Degree which is my highest qualification NOW???

I would like to mention that ACS has given positive skill assessment for my Diploma,degree as well as the 8 Years experience.

Our case officer had raised concerns stating that experience prior to my Bachelor degree will not be counted.

My query is Can i claim 8+ years along with my degree? I don't have any gape in my experience and I have proof for that.

Thanks a lot in advance.....

Hi,

• My Regular qualification is Diploma in Computer science completed on 2003, After completing the Diploma i started working in IT. Hence my total Experience is 8+ years now.

• After completing my Diploma I studied Associate Membership Examination Parts A and B from the Institution of Engineers completed in September 2010 in Correspondence,

I had received Positive skill assessment from the ACS UNDER 263111(Computer Network and system Engineer) ANZSCO code on 5th September 2012.

As you mentioned above that 263111 occupation doesn't required degree so will i get Points for my Bachelor Degree which is my highest qualification NOW???

I would like to mention that ACS has given positive skill assessment for my Diploma,degree as well as the 8 Years experience.

Our case officer had raised concerns stating that experience prior to my Bachelor degree will not be counted.

My query is Can i claim 8+ years along with my degree? I don't have any gape in my experience and I have proof for that.

Have you taken any advice from a Registered Migration Agent??

We had applied through a agent for the immigration process.

We had sent an email to the case officer on Monday,still waiting for her response.

Can you please tell me if Bachelor Degree points will be awarded to me as that is my highest qualification now.

We had applied through a agent for the immigration process.

We had sent an email to the case officer on Monday,still waiting for her response.

Can you please tell me if Bachelor Degree points will be awarded to me as that is my highest qualification now.

Please Let me know once you get the response from the Case office....

Between you will get 15 Points for Bachelor, As for as the information i got from the forum and other agent. "As long as you have degree certificate from the Australian recognized university u will get 15 points "

How for it will help in your case or rather my case is upto case officers decision and it vary from case to case.....

Hi Lebourvellec,

Thanks for your response.Yes ACS has assessed B.TECH Degree AS equivalent to an Australian degree.

Hari,

Sure i will let you know the response from CO.Your Case is in which stage now.Do you have a case officer assigned?

Likely yes, if your degree is equivalent to an Australian degree.

Sorry for jumping in.

Can you pls. tell me who decide that whether overseas degree is equivalent or not? I have a skills assessment from TRA issued 4 years ago. Hence, should i believe that, they have already assessed my degree equivalent to Australian degree?

Thanks & regards.

DIAC only consider skilled work experience, so my understanding is that any work you did before your point-scoring qualification (i.e. your degree) won't be counted. If you've indicated that your work experience can be considered in your EOI but you did part of this prior to your degree being awarded, you may not be awarded points for that part of your experience even though your EOI points score may indicate you will be. In that case, you'll be asking for more points than you're entitled to claim, your application will be refused and you'll lose all your money. It sounds like your agent is right.

Edited by littlefoot

Hi Lebourvellec,

Thanks for your response.Yes ACS has assessed B.TECH Degree AS equivalent to an Australian degree.

Hari,

Sure i will let you know the response from CO.Your Case is in which stage now.Do you have a case officer assigned?

Mausam,

Did you got any response from Case Officer ?

Thanks in Advance.....

Hi RKHP,

Case officer has suggested to withdraw the application.

Plesae be very careful while filling up the EOI.

Did he mention any details for his suggestion ?

Will you be able to share the detail, what you asked him in the mail (Private message to me will do)?

DIAC only consider skilled work experience, so my understanding is that any work you did before your point-scoring qualification (i.e. your degree) won't be counted. If you've indicated that your work experience can be considered in your EOI but you did part of this prior to your degree being awarded, you may not be awarded points for that part of your experience even though your EOI points score may indicate you will be. In that case, you'll be asking for more points than you're entitled to claim, your application will be refused and you'll lose all your money. It sounds like your agent is right.

Hi

Is it compulsory to have a point scoring degree to get skilled work experience points? If I do not get points for my degree then, will I not get any points for my huge skilled work experience?

or

I will not get points for my degree but I can be awarded points for skilled work experience?

Please any help/advice.

Thanks a lot.

Hi

Is it compulsory to have a point scoring degree to get skilled work experience points? If I do not get points for my degree then,

will I not get any points for my huge skilled work experience?

or I will not get points for my degree but I can be awarded points for skilled work experience?

Please any help/advice.

Thanks a lot.

Can anyone please shed some light on the above? Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Case Officer will consider the skilled experience only after your highest qualification(Bachelor Degree).I am sorry to say that you are going you miss the points for your skilled employment.We are also in the similar situation.

We have withdrawn our application and planning to submit a new EOI with only 3 years of experience.

Hi,Case Officer will consider the skilled experience only after your highest qualification(Bachelor Degree).I am sorry to say that you are going you miss the points for your skilled employment.We are also in the similar situation.We have withdrawn our application and planning to submit a new EOI with only 3 years of experience.
Hi mausam, thanks.

however, my question is slight different.

I want to ask that, if the Case officer do not recognize my degree and do not award any points then, will I get points for skilled work experience?

I am not asking about points after degree but if degree not recognized then, will i get points for work experience or not?

pls. reply.

thanks

Edited by mpatel
added spaces

Hi mausam, thanks.

however, my question is slight different.

I want to ask that, if the Case officer do not recognize my degree and do not award any points then, will I get points for skilled work experience?

I am not asking about points after degree but if degree not recognized then, will i get points for work experience or not?

pls. reply.

thanks

Surely if they don't recognise your degree then they wouldn't count any of it as skilled work? If I am understanding you correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
if the Case officer do not recognize my degree and do not award any points then, will I get points for skilled work experience?

Hi Mausam, sorry for the delay in replying to this. To my understanding, the answer to your question is no. The ASRI for your nominated occupation says:

"This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification."

Your Diploma won't meet the required level. It may have been recognised by the ACS, but it won't qualify for any points with DIAC. ASRI goes on to say:

"At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification"

If you want your case officer to recognise 8 years of work experience without a formal qualification, you'll need to reference five years additional experience - a total of 13 years. Since you started work in the industry in 2003, you won't have that until 2016.

Hi,

Be careful as we have recently had to withdraw our application on the same code going through ACS and having a successful skills assessment 263111 plus English tests etc

We thought we had more points than we have you can only claim experience/or qualifications not both as we found out when we were informed we had less points than we had received on our EOI.

Also don't forget they only count the lowest band of the English tests.

I am not being negative but we have just wasted so much time and £2500 only to be absolutely gutted to find ourselves in this situation.

Also to respond to person who has agent advising them not to apply I feel they are dealing with the many visa issues daily and are very aware that the system is flawed and you will not get your money back if you are declined or advised to withdraw.

I hope this helps some people there is no easy answer when it isn't what you want to hear.