register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

mattdevs

Just moved to Sydney from the UK!!! My first post

Hello everyone!!!

I am a 29 year old guy from the UK (in marketing and a personal trainer) - I have moved back to Australia with my tassie girlfriend and I am looking forward to my first xmas in the sun!!

We have moved to Sydney and I would love to meet new people over a coffee/beer or a run along the harbour.

Welcome to PIO mattdevs - I hope you and your girlfiend settle well in Sydney.

I am sure Sydney PIOers will be along soon to include you in some social activites!

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Maybe join a gym/sports club? I know some guys who all seem to have met up playing squash and training at Hiscoes gym in Crown St, Surry Hills. Or Google 'Meet ups' in Sydney, more specifically, your particular area of Sydney. Some of the bigger clubs - RSL, Leagues, Workers, etc, have got gyms and affilitated sports clubs. Or maybe just start knocking around at a particular beach/swimming pool and get talking to some people.

PS I took my own advice and Googled 'Meet Ups Sydney' and signed up for a walking and social group as I've been wanting to start bushwalking again for a while.

Edited by MARYROSE02

Hello mate,

hope your enjoying being back in oz, I live down in bondi with my missis, 32 from the uk been here a couple of yrs. out on Xmas party's all this weekend but would be up for a few jars at some point soon, let me know how ya fixed.

Drop me a pm,

Cheers, Lee