Tracking your container at sea?

bennyboy

Hi,

Has anyone tracked their container at sea online? If so, what website do i go on?

I have been searching online but can't find anything-have put container number in but found nothing. A friend of mine said she tracked hers and could see exactly where it was at sea!

Any help please anyone?

many thanks:wubclub:

Try this. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Or just Google ais. There are a few tracking sites. Also an app called ship tracker on iPhone and iPad.

You need to know the name of the vessel though.

Coastie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bear in mind that the container can be transferred to another vessel at any port. This happened with our container. I was tracking the vessel from the uk using marine traffic and it wasn't until it was 6 days after the container was estimated to arrive at Brisbane and the vessel was still in the china sea, I contacted the shipping company and they informed me it was at Brisbane the day it was estimated to arrive.

Our container swapped ships in Singapore (I think) and I seem to recall this is a common place for the swap-over ...

Most containers will get trans-shipped at Singapore. Cargo ship routes from the UK are mostly to the Far East, stopping at Singapore and then on to China. Then there is another fleet of ships working the Australia-Far East run, one of those will usually pick up the container for the last leg.

Tracking vessels is easy, as above (although most turn off AIS going through the Suez canal and until they get near India, because of pirates I think). But you have to know what vessel your container is on. Your shipping line (the actual shippers, not the agents, so outfits like Maersk) will be able to give the information if you have the container number

Hi you are with JM aren't you? They must of sent you info on what vessel it was when they took container and all confirmed.

Anyway ours was MSC EVA so I just google that and you get shipping and vessel tracker sites come up.

Incidentally we have been informed today container is here and due to be delivered 26th nov now not 4th dec happy days!!!!!!

Edited by Paulr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest doronryt5ry7

There are many companies interested in our track consumer behavior. Recently it was revealed that Apple and Android track the GPS locations of users in some versions of the operating system. There are vehicles which are installed in gps car tracking to always be possible to know what their position, not only in the case of auto theft. There are special applications for container tracking, useful for monitoring the location of all devices

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...