Working holiday - this time next year

smivel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Have you ever been to aus then?

I do control systems for buildings, heating air con etc. Might wait til a bit nearer the time anyway.

No i havent been yet, hope to go out after i hopefully go to uni. Wish i'd went as soon as i was 18!

Well theres no harm in finding out, will you have to be registered with any licencing place?

VISA APPROVED!

Applied on Thursday, got the email about 12 today. Honestly thought it would take longer or they might want to ask some questions so I'm pretty buzzing. Roll on October for Thailand then onto Aus!

Does anyone think it is worth sending my CV to some companies who do the work I do over here? Or will they not entertain you til you're in the country?

Congratulations, Smivel! Great feeling, eh? From different posts I've read on PIO and PIA (PomsInAdelaide to those who don't know), it seems quite common practice for people to contact Australian companies regarding work on arrival in Oz, and Skype interviews seem quite the norm, as far as I can tell. I'm sure I've read that people have been offered positions following Skype interviews even before they get here! It's gotta be worth a try, anyway. All part of the adventure, and as you sound like someone who's not going to 'let the grass grow under your feet', I'd say Get on and do it! What's to lose? All the very best and good luck!

To be honest Stacey I'm not too sure, I'm a qualified spark because a lot of my job is electrical, but it isn't a requirement over here and a lot of people I know have degrees in all sorts of different things but do the same as me. Not too sure what it would be like over there really.

When do you finish uni then? I think 18 is a bit young to go personally, a couple of lads I know did and didn't last that long.

barbaitch: yeah it defo felt good getting that email! I think I will send some stuff out a bit nearer the time, like you say there is nothing to lose. Are you there at the minute?