Sign in to follow this  
Guest maxytiff

Help pls...stat dec.

Guest maxytiff

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone clear this query up for me please? I have finished all my references for the TRA (finally) apart from one thing.

I'm a hairdresser and when I left the last Salon I worked for to join the Salon I'm currently working at, I contacted some of my clients I had at that Salon and told them where I was going. Consequently my old boss has refused to give me a reference even though i've apologized to her face-to-face and explained the situation. Now she is not returning any of my calls/texts. I do not want to ask my current boss to 'extend' the period that i've worked for her for as I really don't want to provide any false information.

So, I thought i would write a statutory declaration, what i'm confused about however is if I can provide a stat dec for my situation? I'm not sure if a stat dec is only taken when your last employeers have closed down/cease to trade?

I'm pretty sure that this address Australian Government Attorney-General's Department is where I get the stat dec from so do you think i could just print off the form, write it up and get it signed from a solicitor? Would this be okay for my situtation? I haven't got any visual proof of any contact i've had with my old boss.

Thanks for your help.

:arghh:..................................:yes:................................:biglaugh:

TRA nearly finished In oz with visa!!!!!

Guest bernie

Hi, we did a stat dec when we applied originally to tra. We did it for self-employment as we couldn't provide an employers reference, so it may help if you can't get a reference from your current employer. Sorry to hear you're having that trouble - pain isn't it. The more evidence to supply the better so don't think it will do any harm to do one. Good Luck!

Guest KP Nuts

Hi, i'm not sure, but if you do the stat dec, can you supply old wage slips or the P46 for the period of dates??

Just an idea.

Good luck with it

KP Nuts