Guest Tina Turner

Guest Tina Turner

I know I must receive at least 60 points to qualify for a skilled visa, but can anyone tell me how the points are spread out? My hubby and I are two years from graduating, and are worried we won't have enough experience to qualify. How many are granted for education, work exp, etc? What other factors grant us points?

You may struggle to pass the points test without work experience. Even if you go for a visa that doesn't require points system to be used - such as the 186, you can't qualify for that without having a minimum of three years post qualification work experience in a job directly relevant to the job you are being sponsored for. The only thing you can do to get around this is to give it time, and work after you graduate to gain the experience needed.

The above link that someone has provided should give you a good idea of the spread of points.

Hi,

The link above links to a 2011 document and mentions passmark it 65 points. It is outdated.

Try this instead : http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

There is a tab on the page under "points" that has a currently valid overview.

I tried to copy paste it here but that doesn't work well.

Cheers,

Edited by DFW