Areas to live

Guest jamesand emma

Guest jamesand emma

Wev.e finally arrived in Darwin and love it already, just busy trying to find a house, and decide on the right area....... close to the beach or Palmerston? can anyone advise me on the area of mcaulay st in rosebery and what the rosebery primary school is like, thanks emma.

Wev.e finally arrived in Darwin and love it already, just busy trying to find a house, and decide on the right area....... close to the beach or Palmerston? can anyone advise me on the area of mcaulay st in rosebery and what the rosebery primary school is like, thanks emma.

Hi, we have just left Darwin. Rosebery is a great area. Schools are good. Durack is also a good area and lovely to walk around the lake. Bakewell school is good and the daycare next to it is where my two boys were before we left.

Palmerston on the whole is a nice area to live. Half an hour by car in to Darwin. The Waterfront in Darwin is great at the weekend. Safe to swim as it is fenced off. Beaches in the NT aren't the best. You can't swim in the sea because of the crocs. Also be careful when swimming out at Berry Springs due to crocs. The wildlife park at Berry Springs is worth a visit. But you need a 4WD to see the best of the rest of the area. You are too late this year for the markets as they are only on during the dry season. But come April you could try Mindel Beach markets on a Thursday and Sunday afternoon/evening.

Give me a shout if you need any further info. We lived there for 2 1/2 years as my OH's family live there :)

• 2 months later...

Hi James/emma how is life in Darwin going?! We are looking to be relocated from Brisbane in march. Where did you finally settle? Which school did you choose?! Thanks

• 5 months later...
Guest guest24485

We spent 4 years in Durack, loved the place. The school was good, the golf course right on the doorstep too was always good. Had friends in Roseberry who liked the area very much although, as with the NT at the moment, rental prices were quite high. One of our friends moved from Bellamack to Durack because of the high rental prices. Agree with the above comments though of areas to avoid, Gray, Moulden were areas we looked at but avoided. Personal choice only and if you find the right place that suits then go for it. Also, the new water park has opened at Palmerston. It's free and a great way to cool down. Roseberry does have a good school and is still developing housing wise too so might be a good area to get into. Good Luck and remember you can't go swimming in the sea too much because of the box jelly fish, although they do have an artificial beach at the wave pool near the city.

We spent 4 years in Durack, loved the place. The school was good, the golf course right on the doorstep too was always good. Had friends in Roseberry who liked the area very much although, as with the NT at the moment, rental prices were quite high. One of our friends moved from Bellamack to Durack because of the high rental prices. Agree with the above comments though of areas to avoid, Gray, Moulden were areas we looked at but avoided. Personal choice only and if you find the right place that suits then go for it. Also, the new water park has opened at Palmerston. It's free and a great way to cool down. Roseberry does have a good school and is still developing housing wise too so might be a good area to get into. Good Luck and remember you can't go swimming in the sea too much because of the box jelly fish, although they do have an artificial beach at the wave pool near the city.

Didja know the dams on the golly course are stocked with good barra and mangrove jacks?? Biggest I caught was 83 cm.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.