Lien

Calling all motorbike racers / motrbikers

Planning a move to Oz in Jan, can any one give advice on motorbike racing out in Oz? Just sold up my track bike and keen to get into racing when down under. Oops, Oz is a big place, moving to Sydney. How do the tracks compare with Brands and Cadwell park?

Hi Lien, been looking into this myself... I race here in Belgium, but have been to cadwell( one of my favourites) plenty of times. I knwo that eastern creek does track days, but not to sure about racing.. You should have taken your trackbike with you, as bikes and aftermarket stuff is alot more expensive than the UK.

Do a few trackdays, meet a few and find out that way.. That's what I'm planning on doing, but it won't be in NSW, I want to move to Qld, and only know about ipswich ( close to brisbane ) but eastern creek is alot better....

Put your findings down here when you get there and start looking into it..

good luck!

I live more in 5mins of racing than most people do in the their entire lives!!

Guest chris955
Planning a move to Oz in Jan, can any one give advice on motorbike racing out in Oz? Just sold up my track bike and keen to get into racing when down under. Oops, Oz is a big place, moving to Sydney. How do the tracks compare with Brands and Cadwell park?

To be honest you wont find many tracks that will compare to even Cadwell and apart from Philip Island definitely nothing to compare to Brands Hatch. Eastern Creek used to be alright but since being dropped internationally seems to have been left a little neglected. Many tracks are being closed down due to noise complaints etc. The racing scene is much smaller and obviously very spread out. If you are to be based in Sydney really you just have Eastern Creek and Wakefield Park which is pretty basic and down near Canberra.

The difference between the two places as far as the racing scene is amazing, it is why so many Aussies go to the UK to race. Just be prepared for it to be much more basic and smaller than you are used to and you will be fine.