clusterofgeals

English fish and chips

Not sure about north of Brisbane, but have you ever been to chumley warners, AMAZING

http://www.chumleywarners.com.au/

i currently live in NZ and hadn't had British fish and chips in 6 and a half years, came to brissy, went to chumley warners and I was in heaven, so was my kiwi wife, who has always been disgusted at the idea of chips peas gravy etc lol

Thanks for the tip, have never been and hope they're still as good by the time we make it back over (the business is up for sale, according to the website).

Citizen of the world, wherever I lay my hat, etc

Where's the best place in Queensland north of Brisbane for English fish and chips and kebabs

Personally, I think the fish and chips and kebabs here are better than the UK. I can honestly say I've never had a bad batch, and even the average batch is better than the better chips shops in the UK. Try Morgans in Scarborough, or Dougs in Sandgate (although the other chippies in Sandgate are just as good).

As for kebabs, I really like them toasted. What a fantastic idea; a kebab you can eat without dribbling it down your elbows.

The only food I'm not that keen on here is bacon. And the jury is still out on lamb.

Chumley Warners is great for english chippy food. They dont use frozen chips like most Aussie chippys and alot of their food is shipped in from the UK.

Definately worth a visit

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Where's the best place in Queensland north of Brisbane for English fish and chips and kebabs

I know you might find this a bit surprising.......but this is not "England".....so here you get "Australian" fish and chips (good fish...barramundi/snapper/spanish mackeral/bream etc and un-limp chips) and if you ask for it you will get vinegar.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Chumley Warners is great for english chippy food. They dont use frozen chips like most Aussie chippys and alot of their food is shipped in from the UK.

Definately worth a visit

Cal x

in other words.......it's pretty ordinary :laugh:

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Guest chris955

Definately worth a visit

Cal x

I never got to try them but they do sound great. All of our local chippies used horrible frozen chips and a piece of fish about 5mm thick, I do miss dim sims though but nothing else.

Fab chippy in Tin Can Bay, QLD. I've been here 2 1/2 years and can honestly say that hated the F&C when I first got here. But after a trip back to UK last year and eating Rock & Chips, "Chinese" and other food I am now a complete convert to the Aussie F&C. The only issue is the Chicken Salt. Some of them put on far too much. But if you ask for only a sprinkle then ohhhhh. The "Chinese" take away in the UK is awful compared to what you get here. Though maybe living in Darwin and eating some of the best Thai and Malay food has again made me a bit biased.

There's an Irish Fish n Chip shop called O'Connors at Windsor just 4k north of CBD. They do breakfasts also. It's run by a husband and wife team from Ireland.

Steve Elliott

Registered Migration Agent (MARN 1804671)

I was going to say O'Connors too if you want North of Brisbane although we didn't find it anywhere near as good as Chumley Warners - they were devine!

We don't like the fish and chips from Chumley Warners, when we bought them they were very expensive, greasy and the fish had no taste. I quite like Australian fish and chips, particularly as you have a variety of fish to choose from and they are cooked to order

The best place north of Brisbane to get English Fish and Chips is

...wait for it.... ENGLAND !

I want it all, and I want it now.

There's an Irish Fish n Chip shop called O'Connors at Windsor just 4k north of CBD. They do breakfasts also. It's run by a husband and wife team from Ireland.

Thank you for this - have just looked at their website and have seen that they do haggis and black pudding, can't wait to try.

A place called Birkdale they have english fish n chips and the most amazing indian restaurant too and english food shop and beer!!

I know you might find this a bit surprising.......but this is not "England".....so here you get "Australian" fish and chips (good fish...barramundi/snapper/spanish mackeral/bream etc and un-limp chips) and if you ask for it you will get vinegar.

Well said bloody Brits abroad lol

Guest chris955

I am loving the fish and chips here, huge pieces of cod or haddock or plaice and real chips.

Well said bloody Brits abroad lol

Retardants Aussies , a potato chip is made from potatoes in England not potato flour and frozen

Here at last:jiggy:

SUFC life not a pastime

I limit myself to 2 drinks a day, I`m now 10 years in front make that 15

Guest chris955
Retardants Aussies , a potato chip is made from potatoes in England not potato flour and frozen

I couldnt understand why almost every chip shop in Brisbane had changed over to those horrible frozen chips, when did real chips become unfashionable ?

Guest Guest26012

You can't beat real chips! Apparently it's something to do with them not being able to buy the potatoes cheaper? I don't know how true that is?