WA 489 Visa, Applying in November - Who else is?

I Love Oz

Hi All

We have received our invitation to apply for the 489 visa and will be applying in November. Was just wondering who else is doing the same so we can all keep up with progress. Going to the solicitors tomorrow to get all documentation certified then we can send off with our visa application...... Exciting times :)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

We have received our invitation to apply for the 489 visa and will be applying in November. Was just wondering who else is doing the same so we can all keep up with progress. Going to the solicitors tomorrow to get all documentation certified then we can send off with our visa application...... Exciting times :)

Chris

Congratulations!

We too have rec'd an invite for a 489. We are not sure whether we are going to accept it. It is happening very quick for us. We only rec'd our positive skills assessment yesterday and updated EOI and then bang this afternoon we have an invite in our email.

Good Luck.

Congratulations!

We too have rec'd an invite for a 489. We are not sure whether we are going to accept it. It is happening very quick for us. We only rec'd our positive skills assessment yesterday and updated EOI and then bang this afternoon we have an invite in our email.

Good Luck.

Congratulations to you too, at least you have a bit of time left to decide if its valid for 2months. Are you having second thoughts or just need more time?

Congratulations to you too, at least you have a bit of time left to decide if its valid for 2months. Are you having second thoughts or just need more time?

Defo not second thoughts, we have enough points for a 189 but have been sent an invite for a 489. We have a lot to think about. Our invite letter says we have until 15 Jan, so at least we have a bit of time.

Hi all

Just thought I would give a quick update for anyone applying or who has already applied for the 489 Visa. We sent in our Visa application for 489 on the 27 October after receiving WA SS and got an email from the case officer on the 13 Nov requesting further documents. Actually it's ALL the same documents we originally uploaded with the application, so not really sure why they want them sent again, but never the less still thinking it must be a good sign along with requests for the police clearances and medicals

We were given 28 days to get the documents sent. Have the police certificates and booked the medicals for the 4 of us for 7 Dec

Will keep posting our progress.

Good luck to all

Di & Alex:laugh:

We have started to complete the Evisa for 489 FS. We are waiting for our sponsor (OH's Uncle) to send over his passport and citizenship information before we can complete the rest of the form.

Does anyone know how long for a CO? We will need PCC's for Spain and the UK, should I start these now or wait for a CO?

Also, once you have the Meds finalised, anyone know how long for the grant to take?

We have started to complete the Evisa for 489 FS. We are waiting for our sponsor (OH's Uncle) to send over his passport and citizenship information before we can complete the rest of the form.

Does anyone know how long for a CO? We will need PCC's for Spain and the UK, should I start these now or wait for a CO?

Also, once you have the Meds finalised, anyone know how long for the grant to take?

Now then Ms Candygirl,

Just my two penneth for what it's worth about police checks. I lived in Spain for six months. I declared that on my visa application and was not asked for a Spanish Police check by my case officer. It does look like you have to be residing in the country for a year before they request a Police check for that country, so if you've been going loca in Spain for over 12 months and lived in the UK prior to that then you will need Police checks from both countries.

I believe that the caveat about front loading the Police checks is that it will determine the date by which you must enter Australia to validate your visa if you have yet to finalise your meds. It seems that you will have 12 months from the date of your Police checks/meds whichever took place first. I have no personal experience of this, it's just what I have understood from numerous posts on here. I did front load both my Police checks and meds because I wanted my visa application to be finalised asap, however if you're in no rush to get to Australia, I would wait for the case officer to request these documents.

Hope this helps,

Jonny

Now then Ms Candygirl,

Just my two penneth for what it's worth about police checks. I lived in Spain for six months. I declared that on my visa application and was not asked for a Spanish Police check by my case officer. It does look like you have to be residing in the country for a year before they request a Police check for that country, so if you've been going loca in Spain for over 12 months and lived in the UK prior to that then you will need Police checks from both countries.

I believe that the caveat about front loading the Police checks is that it will determine the date by which you must enter Australia to validate your visa if you have yet to finalise your meds. It seems that you will have 12 months from the date of your Police checks/meds whichever took place first. I have no personal experience of this, it's just what I have understood from numerous posts on here. I did front load both my Police checks and meds because I wanted my visa application to be finalised asap, however if you're in no rush to get to Australia, I would wait for the case officer to request these documents.

Hope this helps,

Jonny

Thanks Hon. Been over here for almost 8 years so I think we will defo need both, 2 years for the UK and 8 years for here. Believe it not, the Police checks over here are done the same day by attending the Ministry for Justice, not so for the ones in the UK. I will wait for the CO to request them - I will try to find some moooore patience and wait:biggrin: I seem to be getting the knack of that!!