At the risk of sounding negative..

Guest stuckinblighty

Guest choobs
If you still got sent to Oz for'stealing domestic or farm animls'' we could all forget this paperwork thing and just nick the neighbours cat !!! job done,, ticket in ya hand,xx

Cal x

SO NEAR AND YET SO FAR !!!!

It does seem a lot harder these days, doesn't it?

And sorry about the Tony Martin thing - I'm just winding you up ;-)

Choobs

you dont need to appologise choobs ,it dosnt take a winding up to get me goin on crime and the english system ,infact it dosnt take much to get me rantin about anything involving the uk and goverment ,,i say bring back the old punishments and crimes ,,im off to find a cat !!!

Take Care

Cal x

sorry Leexx

When we went out there nearly everyone we spoke to had been broken into at some point either house or garage ,from the research i did burglary is one of the biggest crimes and seems to happen everywhere but then again they dont have the amonut of harder crimes like we do so burglarys do make the press etc,,

Cal x

Guest stuckinblighty
sorry Leexx

When we went out there nearly everyone we spoke to had been broken into at some point either house or garage ,from the research i did burglary is one of the biggest crimes and seems to happen everywhere but then again they dont have the amonut of harder crimes like we do so burglarys do make the press etc,,

Cal x

Oh dear.I still want to go there though :?

regards,Lee

Guest Adi1962

It seems to me that quite a large portion of the burglary in Oz happens due to the house owners not being properly prepared. If you have lived in a crime free area for many years you tend to get lax (!) over security.

I doubt if anyone from the UK will change their security habbits on arrival and certianly installing new locks, alarms etc are always a sensible precaution.

I agree with Choobs re the fear factor in the streets. My worry is that in a few years when my son is old enough to go out, he will be walking into life threating situations all the time. The yob culture and the use of violence seems to be almost the accepted way for a large majority of kids to act now and the big differecne between UK and OZ, and why people probably see OZ as a better option, is that they actually seem more prepared to make the tough decissions when they need too.

I live in Kent and the amount of imigrants has become a real problem, most turn up claim in whatever, no money and are given housing and handouts, many gather in groups around town centers and actually hassel people for money. The other year an old hospital (closed due to lack of money) was re opened tarted up and staff employed to house a load, they wrecked the pace within two weeks, so what happened they were moved to B&B's whilst the place was refurbished again.

OZ may not be perfect, but I seriously believe they are moving in the right direction and will end up dealing with the socila problems of today far better than any government in UK.

Adrian

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

1 rhetorical response to that posting, aren’t we all going to immigrants when we get to Australia?

Or are we going to call ourselves “economic migrants”

Yes we are Neil, but we've all been checked by the police and had we committed any crimes it would have been highlighted. The problem for the UK is that they don't employ such measures in vetting those who enter this country.

ali

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

So am I to take it from that, that all immigrants/migrants legal or otherwise are criminals. There is a perceived assumption that all crimes, housing related matters and benefit claims are attached to “non English” people.

I only hope that the Australians don’t have this attitude with the mass influx of people like you and I who are moving to Australia, there is a perceived idea that all the “poms” are taking their (Australians) jobs away from them.

So rather than casting aspersions maybe we should be reflecting on what we are embarking on and secondly reference government static’s over here on the crimes committed and by which group (you’ll find that this is predominantly English) and secondly reference who are the “over-stays” in Australia i.e.: those who don’t have a current visa. You will be amazed but it’s the British that hold this title.

Let’s just only hope that the people who have preconceived ideas or should that be misconceptions don’t take this with them to Australia……..

Guest Adi1962

ok Niel interesting.

I don't think I claim that Imigrants were criminals, in the sence of burgulary etc and I would have to say that on the whole they do not commit this type of crime in my area, but they committing other crimes, be it benifit fraud, mugging, harrassment and other along those lines.

The difference is that to imigrate to Australia you have to meet certian standards (certainly if your coming from UK) where as the bulk of the problem imigrants were are getting only have to get here some how.

Would Australia allow this to happen as it is here in UK.......

You will always get crime, unfortunately, but to me its how its delt with short and long term that I judge and I just do not have any confidence that any government of this country will be strong enough to make the tough decissions and deal effectively with the problems. I am not saying the Australian governemt(s) are perfect but they seem to at least have a better focus.

Adrian

I wasn't suggesting that all migrants/immigrants are criminals. I'm sure statistics prove otherwise, just as it my prove that more migrants in this country are willing to work, whilst some british people feel it their given right to receive benefits when they have not contributed anything at all to the system. I

'm sure Australians do think that migrants are taking their jobs, I know that my brother experienced this when he moved to QLD and has still had difficulties several years later.

I believe controlled immigration in any country is positive, productive and essential to the growth of a nation, but there has to be checks in place, just as the judicial system needs to ensure that punishments fit the crime and people who e.g. drink & drive and are high on drugs and are involved in a fatal hit and run accident get more than community service - irrespective of where they come from.

But at the end of the day - everyone is entitled to their opinion ... aren't they???

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

I’m just playing devils advocate.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, it’s how that opinion is formed (correctly or otherwise), my point being that, as much as people are calling immigrants in this country, we may be on the receiving end when we get to Australia.

I can do a cracking Australian accent so I’ll be reet…..

It’s gone from a simple question being asked about burglary to the topical issue of politics…..

Guest choobs
Hi,

I’m just playing devils advocate.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, it’s how that opinion is formed (correctly or otherwise), my point being that, as much as people are calling immigrants in this country, we may be on the receiving end when we get to Australia.

I can do a cracking Australian accent so I’ll be reet…..

It’s gone from a simple question being asked about burglary to the topical issue of politics…..

I think the main problem the UK faces, at least in peoples perceptions, is that it's not migrants who are the problem. People coming in from the European Union, particularly the newer member states, are able to come and live here WITHOUT being subject to the British Immigration system, just like anyone on the board could pop over to France and look for work.

Choobs

I couldn't pop over to France and work choobs 'cos I don't speak French very well, or Spanish or Italian or any other European language, so it's always had to be Aus, NZ, Canada or US for us really.

I really should have tried harder at school :?

Guest stuckinblighty

Be they white,black or orange with purple spots....if i catch the b*****ds breaking into my house i'll break their legs :evil:

Love ,Lee

Guest stuckinblighty

oohhhhhhh page 4 page 4 !!!!!!!

*jumps up and down with excitement*

regards,Lee

• 1 year later...
Guest SAFA-POM

Crime is everywhere. If you work hard, pay taxes, have nice things then crime will always fined you.

I left South Africa cause of crime- Stabed, Shot at(a few times), Cars stolen, Bike stolen, house broken into countless times, mugged at knife point(a few times) the final staw was when I stopped 5 guys steeling my old mans car and the Police said "We cant help"

And Now in the U.K. Van has had all the tools stolen(a few times), sat nav smash and grab(a few times), Bikes stolen, MX bikes stolen, trailor stolen, copper stolen of van(a few times) the final straw was when I caught two guys braking into my car and after 20min of waiting for the police the thiefs brothers and friends came around before the police got there. I ended up getting stabbed, the police arrived 40min later. The police in the U.K said "if you dont like it get out of london" SO, bye bye.

Crime is everywhere, its weather or not something is done about it.

wow this is another old thread ,,i must say now im here i dont think its as bad as i was lead to believe,,maybe we just hit lucky with areas ,i dont know,,house and shed burglarys are in the paper approx 1 per month ,,i can live with that,serious crime is about but on a much lesser scale than what i was used to in the uk,,i really wouldnt worry guys and just enjoy your new lif!

Cal x

Archived