You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

josephcom

Points for 'Educational Qualification' if it's not related to my occupation?

Last month I received my successful CDR result. I've been recognized as 'Engineering Technologist' and my bachelor degree is comparable to 'AQF Associate Degree'.

But here is ANZSCO's description of an 'Engineering Technologist':

"This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a Bachelor degree or higher qualification."

And here is DIAC's clause for receiving points for Educational Qualification:

"You can receive 10 points for documents that prove you have an award or qualification recognized by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation".

Can I receive that 10 points for educational qualification? I am concern that what EA has recognized is not what ANZSCO expect for an Engineering Technologist.

What's your degree in? Was it for 3 years?

Coastie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IELTS: L8.5,R9.0,W8.5,S8.5 | Engineers Australia Applied 21/05/12, Positive Skills Assessed (233311 Electrical Engineer) 19/09/12 | EOI 03/10/12 | 189 Invitation to Apply (70 points) 15/10/12 | 189 Applied 17/10/12 | CO Assigned 08/11/12 | | Police Cert 13/11/12 | Medical 14/11/12 | VISA GRANT 04/02/13 :biggrin:

This is what the Skillselect website says: -

"You may be able to receive points for a qualification that is not related to your nominated occupation. If the authority that conducts your skills assessment cannot give you an opinion about this qualification, contact Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services."

So there may be a possibility for you to get points for your degree.

Pleased to say my family and I are now Permanent Residents of Australia! :biggrin:

Even if it's an associate degree? Do you mean my qualification has not to be the same as what is necessary for my nominated occupation?