Buying Carpentry tools in Perth

Ladyw

Hi All

My husband and I have been in Perth for 6 days and he starts work tomorrow (only two weeks temporary work). He did bring the majority of his hand tools and a drill so he is ready to work but looking to start buying tools to replace the ones he sold on Ebay before we left. Could someone please let us know the best place to buy tools that isnt extortionate! We have a car so we can travel, but currently living NOR.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

My husband and I have been in Perth for 6 days and he starts work tomorrow (only two weeks temporary work). He did bring the majority of his hand tools and a drill so he is ready to work but looking to start buying tools to replace the ones he sold on Ebay before we left. Could someone please let us know the best place to buy tools that isnt extortionate! We have a car so we can travel, but currently living NOR.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

hi Lisa, my oh is also a joiner ( sorry no idea about the tools), we are here at the moment nor just having a look around, my oh has been asked to pair up with someone SOR when we make the move but I think he would prefer to work nor if possible. How is your oh looking for jobs and is there much work around nor? How have you found things so far (I know it's early days), my main worry is that my oh wont find work that pays as well as his job in the uk, so far the jobs he has seen have been a similar wage, but then we have to take into account rents etc are dearer than the uk. Any advice you have would be appreciated, we have 3 children so am slightly worried about the financial side of things. Also what cards/ certificates did your oh need before he could start work? Has it been straight forward? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to be 100% sure about this move and have as much knowledge as possible

Thank you

Hi

My OH did get roofing work after making one phone call, but then they only wanted him for two days. I have managed to secure a good job so we have decided to have two weeks off the job hunting before I start work so I havent got a lot of advice at this point sorry!! We have applied for our tax file numbers and Rob has his white card so I think this is all you need to start work.

Stay in touch as it would be good to know how oyu and your OH get on.

Lisa

xx

hi Lisa, my oh is also a joiner ( sorry no idea about the tools), we are here at the moment nor just having a look around, my oh has been asked to pair up with someone SOR when we make the move but I think he would prefer to work nor if possible. How is your oh looking for jobs and is there much work around nor? How have you found things so far (I know it's early days), my main worry is that my oh wont find work that pays as well as his job in the uk, so far the jobs he has seen have been a similar wage, but then we have to take into account rents etc are dearer than the uk. Any advice you have would be appreciated, we have 3 children so am slightly worried about the financial side of things. Also what cards/ certificates did your oh need before he could start work? Has it been straight forward? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to be 100% sure about this move and have as much knowledge as possible

Thank you