189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got police certificate through today, when uploading it under character assessment does it come under "form character requirements penal clearance certificate" or "overseas police clearance - national". Trying to make sure I don't do it incorrectly!

I Think I selected "overseas police clearance", i shouldnt think it would matter if you chose the other tho (i really hope they wouldnt make an issue of it anyway)

Congratulations!!!! We did not hear anything yet. Hope it will be soon for us too. Keep us updated September applicants please. :)

I'm not sure if we are one of the first September applicants to get our 189s, but this morning, a Saturday nonetheless, we received a direct grant from Team 33 (CO initial KD).

Thank you for the help here.

8 weeks and 2 days anxious waiting!

I'm not sure if we are one of the first September applicants to get our 189s, but this morning, a Saturday nonetheless, we received a direct grant from Team 33 (CO initial KD).

Thank you for the help here.

8 weeks and 2 days anxious waiting!

This is a very exciting news! congrats! September applicants will have a wonderful November filled with grants...... waiting anxiously for ours....

Hi everyone :)

So great and helpful reading all the posts - makes me feel a bit more positive about the whole thing! I'm finding it a very lonely process as I'm doing this on my own - my partner is an Aussie but his job means he can't come here and we spend too long apart to qualify as a couple according to DIAC!

Just in the process of lodging my 189 application, all very overwhelming! Running into a few sticking points on the Employment History as I'm fine on points but slightly under the three years on the 'time in nominated occupation' - even though all my employment is in my relevant field (I'm a teacher). I also have just under a year as a teacher in Australia - I did contracts on my Working Holiday Visa, but again it's just under the minimum! Anyone got any ideas about this, is there a point where I can put this info in or because I'm under the minimum timeframe, do I just have to leave this blank and detail my employment at the top?

Medical tests are also stressing me out...wait for a Case Officer before getting them done?

Any help would be amazing :) xxx

Hi Curlie,

Don't worry too much even though it is not easy. Since your situation would require an extended overview, did you try to get an appointment with a migration agent to discuss it all and evaluate your best options?

I wish you to succeed and to reunite with your lover in Oz! :)

Hi All!

Been following this forum for a bit now as my partner applied for his 189 Visa on August 28 but still no news or updates! I see visas lodged later have already been granted. The wait is super nerve-racking. Wondering why there has been no contact by CO or changed on immi page.....

Medicals were done earlier (before visa application) via MyHealth Declarations.

Hi just to add I got my visa on 1/11/13. See timeline below. Team Brisbane 33. I waited to be informed by co to get medicals and pcc and i still cant believe how quick it all has been. Just one question please. My letter and grant notification came through on email. Is this all we will get? I mean nothing will come through the post will it? The reason I ask is because the letter has my old address on it although I did email my co a change of address form. Do I need to inform my case officer or just leave it? I cant see it being a problem at the airport or anything can you? They are not likely to ask my address are they? I mean I have my visa now so what does it matter? Would be grateful if anyone has had a visa to confirm that there is nothing likely to come through the post. Thank you.

Guest guest30085
Hi just to add I got my visa on 1/11/13. See timeline below. Team Brisbane 33. I waited to be informed by co to get medicals and pcc and i still cant believe how quick it all has been. Just one question please. My letter and grant notification came through on email. Is this all we will get? I mean nothing will come through the post will it? The reason I ask is because the letter has my old address on it although I did email my co a change of address form. Do I need to inform my case officer or just leave it? I cant see it being a problem at the airport or anything can you? They are not likely to ask my address are they? I mean I have my visa now so what does it matter? Would be grateful if anyone has had a visa to confirm that there is nothing likely to come through the post. Thank you.

Hi Edzi

congrats on getting your visa.

Nothing will come through the post, just the golden email.

Hi,

Me and my partner are just beginning the application for the 189 visa. Looks like I have to do the IELTS test before anything else to get the required points. We know after you send in your EOI that they may invite you if successful to apply for the visa but you only have 60 days to lodge this. Just thinking is there anything people would suggest to do before applying for the EOI taking into account this time limitation after you are invited. We are in Australia already on a 457 so looks like we need to send police checks in for the visa application. Has anybody sent these through with their application and how long did the request for the police checks from the UK take to arrive in Aus? Also my partner is going on the visa as a de facto so should we just get both police checks requested before the EOI is lodged? Thinking of using a migration agent for partial assistance bout thought we could see what help we could get from on here first. Thanks

Police checks and medicals can wait until after the CO is assigned. I assume that you have a successful skills assessment as this and the IELTS results are needed before the EOI can be lodged.

Our biggest issue was proving our relationship, as we had been living together for over the required time but didn't have many joint bills. Finally with 12 months of joint bank statements, personal bank statements, holiday bookings, invitations, bills in joint names, letters dated to show we both lived at the same address and statutory declarations they were happy to accept the relationship as genuine.

PiO has been a great help to us and is a brilliant source for information but it is worth noting that most people on here can only give their opinion based on their circumstances and whats happened to them (me included) your case may be completely different so its worth taking it with a pinch of salt! Don't rely solely on this forum is all I'm saying.

Yes we have the required for the lodgement. Was mainly just worried about the police check request as we applied for these before we left the UK incase they wanted them for the 457 visa and they did take about three weeks to come through and this would be longer if they had to be sent to Au.

We have already proved our de facto relationship for the 457 visa so we would not be worried about this. Yes it would probably be best to maybe go for the $700 help to be on the safe side. The $2000 help seems a bit much considering all the other fees we have to pay

Even when the CO is assigned they might not contact you for a few weeks if they are reviewing the documentation etc. Although I found out we'd had a CO assigned, it was about 2/3 weeks later that they contacted us for further information, they may even give you a direct grant but you have to be patient. 9 weeks isn't that bad! There are still some waiting from June with fairly straight forward cases that haven't received their grants.

hmm.. i see that gradually most of the applicants, who applied with me or even after me vanished from here (got their grant).... but i still don't have a word from my CO.. is there anyone else here as well who applied in april and still has not got the grant?

Even when the CO is assigned they might not contact you for a few weeks if they are reviewing the documentation etc. Although I found out we'd had a CO assigned, it was about 2/3 weeks later that they contacted us for further information, they may even give you a direct grant but you have to be patient. 9 weeks isn't that bad! There are still some waiting from June with fairly straight forward cases that haven't received their grants.

you are right ... i am still waiting....

If you look back through this thread you should get a good idea. CO is usually assigned after 8-10 weeks, then its waiting.

Have any of the June guys had any news, not heard anything for a while and keep popping on to check...Shreya, Syed,PorkFarms etc?

Haseeb anything from you?

Nothing for me yet FP215 ..... i have not heared from shreya lately

Shreya and syed you have been waiting since June! Are you from HR country or travelled in HR countries?

Hi CountingStars,I am from India which is an HR .But the thing is there are ppl from India who applied post mine and have been granted.

Mine is a very simple application and have my medicals/pcc all cleared out.I jus cant undst the wait