189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh ok .so u waiting on any docs etc ?or jus waiting for CO to send the golden email ? :)

All my CO required from me on 11th July were my pccs and medicals. I did them and now waiting for the CO to get back to me. I am from Bangladesh and it usually takes some time to do the security checks for us. Don't hope to hear anything soon :(

All my CO required from me on 11th July were my pccs and medicals. I did them and now waiting for the CO to get back to me. I am from Bangladesh and it usually takes some time to do the security checks for us. Don't hope to hear anything soon :(

Oh ..didnt know abt this ?So the security checks are specific to bangladesh applicants ?

Medical tomorrow and I hate going to the doctor. FML. On the bright side, that should then be the last thing I have to do for the visa. Fingers crossed.

If anyone could let me know what they do for the medical (doing it with Medibank) would really appreciate it.

Thanks

It's pretty simple. You check-in, then a nurse will take your blood for tests, take your OBS (vital signs), urine sample, etc. Then a doctor will assess you. If you have an abnormal history or blood pressure, the doctor will look that up further. In my case, I always get high blood pressure when by blood pressure is taken by a medical practitioner/nurses (funny because I'm a nurse). The doctor noticed this and realised it's not something medical so he reassured me that he'll not make a negative notation in my file.

Don't worry, you will be alright! They're pretty considerate.

It's pretty simple. You check-in, then a nurse will take your blood for tests, take your OBS (vital signs), urine sample, etc. Then a doctor will assess you. If you have an abnormal history or blood pressure, the doctor will look that up further. In my case, I always get high blood pressure when by blood pressure is taken by a medical practitioner/nurses (funny because I'm a nurse). The doctor noticed this and realised it's not something medical so he reassured me that he'll not make a negative notation in my file.

Don't worry, you will be alright! They're pretty considerate.

Thanks for that nomadgreen.

I had my blood pressure taken for a pre-employment medical recently enough and my blood pressure read a bit high. The nurse tried it a second time and it had dropped. Just didn't like the way the doctor didn't speak through the whole thing (except to tell me to take off my shirt). Was really awkward. It'll all be over tomorrow sure.

I had my blood pressure taken for a pre-employment medical recently enough and my blood pressure read a bit high. The nurse tried it a second time and it had dropped. Just didn't like the way the doctor didn't speak through the whole thing (except to tell me to take off my shirt). Was really awkward. It'll all be over tomorrow sure.

Yes, you'll be fine.

Hi visa for me

I know exactly what you mean about the doctor being quiet haha. When we did our medicals in Dublin, my wife did her meds first and warned me the Dr didn't speak hardly and it was very awkward, so I went in to do mine after her and spoke loads to him on purpose. And voila.... He ended up speaking lots to me, he was cool :)

IELTS : 10 April 2012

Skill assessment : 30 Aug 2012

Professional Assessment : 23 March 2013

EOI : 22 April 2013

PCC : 28 April 2013

Visa Application : 10 May 2013

Medical : 12 May 2013

CO: 10 June 2013

Form 80: 28 June 2013

Frustrating Wait till

Grant : 26 Aug 2013

And now JOB frustration starts… ;-(

There's plenty of people on here that don't get contacted by their co before they get the grant. if you have uploaded everything then they don't need to. It's just not nice that you have been waiting this long. Hang in there

I havent done meds for me, my wife n daughter. Thought it would be better to have CO ask for them as i will have an indication that everything else is fine.

One thing more, since my limit for uploading documents exceeded, i sent my overseas work experience as an e mail to my team stating my TRN in subject, that was a month back, but the status in my online application still is "REQUESTED" so i was thinking that i might send them again now writing ATTN to my case officer

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4

Just send an email to your CO asking for a status update. Normally they reply within a day or two. Although, personally, I prefer not to ask for status updates as the replies are mostly predictable ;)

LMAO :-D .. on serious note, im not sending an inquiry e mail because it might frustrate the CO

I've read a few people have uploaded payslips as proof of employment. Is this something that case officers always ask for? I'd supplied references for the last 7 years but wonder if I should be uploading payslips as well. Thanks in advance for any advice x

BeeBoDee

I don't know if its something a co will always ask for but my thinking is its better to upload it then it will be one less thing they can request.

I uploaded payslips and bank statements just to be on the safe side.

I've read a few people have uploaded payslips as proof of employment. Is this something that case officers always ask for? I'd supplied references for the last 7 years but wonder if I should be uploading payslips as well. Thanks in advance for any advice x

Its better to upload as many docs as u could to support the authenticity of ur application