189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi guys, I'm in similar boat. Lodged 189 visa application 7th jan 2013, still waiting to be allocated a CO. I decided to risk getting Medicals and pcc done this week, got fed up of being inactive! Still have up to another 5 weeks before getting a CO but I find it hard to do nothing when I know the next step. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't expire before I get the visa!

goodluck to everyone! I feel your pain!

Hi vcosta, I am currently waiting to be allocated for a CO as well. I lodged my 189 visa on 21st Jan 2013 and I have done my medical and pcc already. From the immigration website, they said that, for prioity group 4, we can undertaking any outstanding health and character clearances within one month before your application is allocated.

Hopefully we will get our PR soon.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi vcosta, I am currently waiting to be allocated for a CO as well. I lodged my 189 visa on 21st Jan 2013 and I have done my medical and pcc already. From the immigration website, they said that, for prioity group 4, we can undertaking any outstanding health and character clearances within one month before your application is allocated.

Hopefully we will get our PR soon.

Hi low,

I am bit frustrated after seen your post. I submitted my application on 24th Jan and undertook the meds last week.

According to web site allocation time is 10 weeks and I have front loaded my meds well before 1 month of allocation date. Will that be a problem???

Thanks in advance

Hi low,

I am bit frustrated after seen your post. I submitted my application on 24th Jan and undertook the meds last week.

According to web site allocation time is 10 weeks and I have front loaded my meds well before 1 month of allocation date. Will that be a problem???

Thanks in advance

That won't be a problem at all. The reason why many people don't want to do their med and pcc is because they might not be able to come to Australia within one year after the med and pcc. As long as you come to Australia before med and pcc expired, that will be fine. I have front loaded my pcc three months before I have lodged my application.

How long is valid police check and medical check? Can i do this withould invitation forms for 189? Can i do this checks like 2 month before i will apply for 189?

Will that fast my process to be allocated to CO Officer? ivetka

Hy guys. It really is a mess but you have to wait. I applied on December 6th and got a CO on January 30th. It seems that a lot of people wanna move to Australia. Beside this CO problem there is another one at MOC, where your referred medicals will stay at least 2 month. So be patient, there is no other way.

I sow people that are waiting on other visas for 4 years....

All the best & lots of cigarettes

Hi,

I lodged the application on Jan10th and still awaiting the CO.

I started processing for PCC and the Passport officer said that my passport is damaged and need a re-issue before I get the PCC...

Now that I have ACS, IELTS linked to the current passport and the application lodged is also on the old passport, what should I do now?

Thanks

How long is valid police check and medical check? Can i do this withould invitation forms for 189? Can i do this checks like 2 month before i will apply for 189?

Will that fast my process to be allocated to CO Officer? ivetka

Hy Ivetka,

Every country has a period in after which the PCC will expire. In my country 6 months. I don't think you can do medicals until you get an invitation to apply, pay the visa and a TRN. After that you will receive a CO but I see that you have a lot of work until then. Concentrate on lodging for the visa.

Hi all,

I have read from other forum saying that 20th December 2012 has just been allocated with CO. Seems like I still need to wait for a few weeks!!!

Acknowledgement on 21st Jan 2013.

Just need to be patient................

That won't be a problem at all. The reason why many people don't want to do their med and pcc is because they might not be able to come to Australia within one year after the med and pcc. As long as you come to Australia before med and pcc expired, that will be fine. I have front loaded my pcc three months before I have lodged my application.

Thanks low,

Yes many applicants up to 20th Dec allocated CO's. You all can update details on following database and also fond out the details of other applicants.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7E0rVMz1AEdFJrRVduTHEtN3ZBVGRNZ2R2d2hsclE#gid=0

Thanks jonny !

When I Click on the skillselect link it give below error :

"Technical issues with all online applications for SkillSelect subclassesThere are ongoing issues with our eLodgement service. Clients may experience the following problems:

• screens freezing at any time throughout the application
  • timeout errors
  • blank pages.

Clients are strongly encouraged to save their applications regularly throughout the application process and at the end of each page.

The department is working to resolve these issues.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

Information about planned system maintenance or current technical issues including known system errors is available.

See: Planned System Maintenance and Technical Issues"

So is there any particular time for applying EOI ?

Hi,

I lodged 189 visa on jan' 3rd. Still waiting for the CO.

I'm planning to apply for PCC and Medi checks only when the CO asks...

Hi Chakravarthyvp - have you heard anything yet? Just wondering as I lodged my 189 on 7th Jan, so 4 days after you and I'm still waiting for a CO (so far I have 8 weeks...)

Hi vcosta,

I'm still waiting for the CO...

Thanks

It's 9 weeks of waiting today and still nothing. If it gets to this time next week and I've still not heard anything I am phoning them! On your evisa page (where you upload documents) has the status on your documents changed eg starts off as required or recommended then goes to received. I have 2 documents that have been submitted (IELTS and Travel document) but the status still say required. Also, I have done everything for the medical, but it stil says recommended. What does yours look like?

Guest dugles

VCOSTA,

Co will only contact you once they need something from you. however at your point 5 weeks has been over and now I suggest you to call DIAC just the coming business day to get to know your Csae officer name, email ID and phone number. then you can call co.

It's 9 weeks of waiting today and still nothing. If it gets to this time next week and I've still not heard anything I am phoning them! On your evisa page (where you upload documents) has the status on your documents changed eg starts off as required or recommended then goes to received. I have 2 documents that have been submitted (IELTS and Travel document) but the status still say required. Also, I have done everything for the medical, but it stil says recommended. What does yours look like?

Hi vcosta,

I have the same issue as yours, my passport copy and the the payslip are still in the required status rest all in the received status.

The wait is killing me...

VCOSTA,

Co will only contact you once they need something from you. however at your point 5 weeks has been over and now I suggest you to call DIAC just the coming business day to get to know your Csae officer name, email ID and phone number. then you can call co.

Thanks Dugles, I'm not sure if I should call though as for a 189 visa the allocated time is up to 10 weeks. (it used to be 5 weeks then 7, and now it's 10!). I might just phone though as frustrated by the inactivity!

Hi vcosta,

I have the same issue as yours, my passport copy and the the payslip are still in the required status rest all in the received status.

The wait is killing me...

what does it say next to your health one? still recommended? have you had your medicals?

Finally I got my PR today... Long long wait time is over.. Very excited... Here is my timeline -> EOI submitted -> 04 AUG 2012, Invitation received-> 01 Nov 2012, file submitted -> 02 Nov 2012, CO allocated->5th Dec 2012 (medical/PCC requested by CO) , 4th JAN 2013-> Medical and PCC submitted., 16th JAN -> CO responded that all the documents have been recieved. , 6th Mar 2013 -> I called CO and check for status.. So got VAC2 payment request on the same day. , 7th Mar 2013-> VAC2 has been paid.. , 12th Mar 2013 -> GREAT DAY.. VISA GRANTED.... :-)

Finally I got my PR today... Long long wait time is over.. Very excited... Here is my timeline -> EOI submitted -> 04 AUG 2012, Invitation received-> 01 Nov 2012, file submitted -> 02 Nov 2012, CO allocated->5th Dec 2012 (medical/PCC requested by CO) , 4th JAN 2013-> Medical and PCC submitted., 16th JAN -> CO responded that all the documents have been recieved. , 6th Mar 2013 -> I called CO and check for status.. So got VAC2 payment request on the same day. , 7th Mar 2013-> VAC2 has been paid.. , 12th Mar 2013 -> GREAT DAY.. VISA GRANTED.... :-)

Huuuuugggeee congratulations!!:biggrin: I am also wondering what the VAC2 payment is? I know its a Visa Application Charge but I thought the fee of $3060 that I paid when I lodged my application would be one of the last payments too! Hmmmmm.....xx Congrats again though xx