189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

hey guys,

not been on here for a while but im just looking for some advice.

We lodged our Visa request on the 10th June. We have had our medicals and we have been assigned a case officer.

The case officer informed us to not bother uploading any more documents to the web page and instead send them directly to him. Well we did that 3 weeks ago and we are yet to hear anything back (apart from the standard email aut replies)....

So my question is, how long does it take to for them to verify your final documents and medicals?

Many thanks.

Hi feedthegoat44 ,

Have your organize medical ..link disappeared?

Thanks ..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting thread this, and great to see other people's timelines. We applied for our 189 visa last month and are now playing the waiting game.

Hi BeeBoDee ,

Have your medicals been cleared ?Organise Medical link disappeared??We too applied on 17 june ,

Thanks ,

I lodged my application the 19th of June, had all requirements attached by 9th of August. Medicals were done 26th of July. Still got the "organise health assessment" on the online status. Is that really the "basis" whether your medicals are referred or not? Or will it say on the status, like "referred". I'm assuming they have not assigned a CO on my case and here's a hope that nothing's wrong with my medicals as there were no changes on my health since I had a medicals done for my 457 visa.

God bless to all of us waiting patiently.

I lodged my application the 19th of June, had all requirements attached by 9th of August. Medicals were done 26th of July. Still got the "organise health assessment" on the online status. Is that really the "basis" whether your medicals are referred or not? Or will it say on the status, like "referred". I'm assuming they have not assigned a CO on my case and here's a hope that nothing's wrong with my medicals as there were no changes on my health since I had a medicals done for my 457 visa.

God bless to all of us waiting patiently.

Hi Nomad...I think the general concensus is that if your link for medical is still there then it has not yet been cleared...are you applying alone or do you have other family memebers on your application? If all the links are still there it may be the case that your file just isnt being looked at yet.

There are 4 people on my visa and my link is the only link still there. I wouldnt be one bit suprised if my medical has been referred as I have a bit of a health scare almost a year to the present date.

Fingers crossed those of us waiting all hear something soon :)

Hi Nomad...I think the general concensus is that if your link for medical is still there then it has not yet been cleared...are you applying alone or do you have other family memebers on your application? If all the links are still there it may be the case that your file just isnt being looked at yet.

There are 4 people on my visa and my link is the only link still there. I wouldnt be one bit suprised if my medical has been referred as I have a bit of a health scare almost a year to the present date.

Fingers crossed those of us waiting all hear something soon :)

Hi Debbio,

I don't have anyone in my application. Just me. So yeh, it's kinda hard to tell by just looking if the "organise health assessment" link is still there or not. I guess I just have to wait for a CO.

Any updates for people who have applied under 189 class. Has any one got a case officer assigned yet ? Also, how would you know if a CO is assigned to your application. I see in my application, the status is "In Progress". Anyways good luck to everyone. Cheers.

It would be useful to know which "wave" (call round) you are in. A timeline would be good to see too, so it can be compared with others in the same round

Any updates for people who have applied under 189 class. Has any one got a case officer assigned yet ? Also, how would you know if a CO is assigned to your application. I see in my application, the status is "In Progress". Anyways good luck to everyone. Cheers.

You will receive email from the CO.

freakedass

when did you apply? I applied 19/06 and I haven't heard anything re: the progress of my application. it has been more than 8 weeks, so here's a hope for a CO allocation and a grant within this month. *pray*

Should be anytime this week or next week.

Hi Debbio,

I don't have anyone in my application. Just me. So yeh, it's kinda hard to tell by just looking if the "organise health assessment" link is still there or not. I guess I just have to wait for a CO.

If you have your CO, just email him and ask. If no, just wait and maybe call the medical centre you went.

Hi BeeBoDee ,

Have your medicals been cleared ?Organise Medical link disappeared??We too applied on 17 june ,

Thanks ,

Hi Shreya,

The link appears to have disappeared. We were told at the time of having our medicals that if we didn't hear from them then it was good news and we didn't. Also 3 days after we'd had the medicals, this appeared underneath the attachment checklist box: "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship".

Hi Shreya,

The link appears to have disappeared. We were told at the time of having our medicals that if we didn't hear from them then it was good news and we didn't. Also 3 days after we'd had the medicals, this appeared underneath the attachment checklist box: "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship".

Cool ..so now all you need is a CO :)

freakedass

when did you apply? I applied 19/06 and I haven't heard anything re: the progress of my application. it has been more than 8 weeks, so here's a hope for a CO allocation and a grant within this month. *pray*

Nope still nothing from a case officer and I know there are a few on here who are 3/4 days before me still waiting.

Nope still nothing from a case officer and I know there are a few on here who are 3/4 days before me still waiting.

Yeah 17 June applicant ,still notin ,my medical link disappeared ,i did medicals in July.Hubby did medicals last week only ,so waiting for his link to disappear :) and waiting for CO as well

Hi!

I have just submitted my 189 visa application!

However I didn't realise I would need to submit the documents right away (I thought you would post them). I have them all ready (apart from the CRB and health check) but they are not certified. How would I find a (trustworthy) migration agent to certify them for me? Also, how long will I have to submit the documents? Will they look at my application, not see any documents and decline me?

Thanks,

Kris

Hi!

I have just submitted my 189 visa application!

However I didn't realise I would need to submit the documents right away (I thought you would post them). I have them all ready (apart from the CRB and health check) but they are not certified. How would I find a (trustworthy) migration agent to certify them for me? Also, how long will I have to submit the documents? Will they look at my application, not see any documents and decline me?

Thanks,

Kris

Hi Kriscs1,

If you scan them in coloured then there is no need to certify them :)

Good luck!