189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

So I have tried to resist calling DIAC but my anxiety control has given in.

My co has been allocated on 5th August.

Meds are cleared. And since I have sent all documents needed for processing , it's still waiting for now but atleast I have some info on where my case is and luckily I've been allotted an officer . So yeah, I can have a good weekend with this much news .! I'll live !

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest dugles
So I have tried to resist calling DIAC but my anxiety control has given in.

My co has been allocated on 5th August.

Meds are cleared. And since I have sent all documents needed for processing , it's still waiting for now but atleast I have some info on where my case is and luckily I've been allotted an officer . So yeah, I can have a good weekend with this much news .! I'll live !

Aahaaa..... That's good news you shared.

Best of Luck .

Amanda Kerr, your timeline says:

"Ielts 9 9 9 9, EOI 19th May 2003, invite 21st May 2003, App lodged 21st June 2003, Meds and PCC completed July 2003. Awaiting CO."

It's either a typo or the slowest CO allocation in history

Very funny! It feels like that. Lost in a time warp I'm afraid. Where hv those ten years gone?!

Ranjitt, Amanda Kerr , Debio- Wake up as AUSTRALIAN is AMAZING! just drinking my coffee, you whole will love it and have it in couple of weeks or when arrive. I am here 6y now, extend 2 student visa so maybe my chcecking wasnt too hard for them,,as i applied for other visa in australia before and been through lot checkings. Also my CO ask me partner proof of relationship. I uploaded ZIP folder worth of banks statment since 2010, even any other docs ( tot. 80), masive folder, i hardly loaded , 80 actual fotos of both of us.................just think how can CO from 2pm till 5pm assesed this? There is no way,, the amount closed them eyes,, probably she just enjoy our pics ,,hehehe So follow my advise, she/he ask sth, same day give you same day get, you not give she will start work on other one and your file will wait on desk up to 15 days, once she finish with that one will come back to you to reassesed docs. If you follow this,, you get decision faster!!!!!

Look, noone in 2nd week getting CO or grant, they look like change strategy deal with 1st week first , than next week move....so all you got CO will go behind me, i am sure today lot of people will get as FRIDAY, MONDAAY grants came most these days.

ALL THE BEST,cant wait who got today,,so excited, !!! COME GUYS!!!ITS BEHIND THE CORNER!!!

Congrats ivetka233 and Thank you for the info/advice :biggrin:

Count me in too guys ..offshore 189 visa ,17 june applicant ..all docs other thn form 80 uploaded ,i will upload form 80 as well over the weekeend ,

Hope we get grants soon ..

Are you "front end loading" the form 80 or you have a case officer already and he/she explicitly requested it?

Hi all, just wanted to say hello and share my frustration with waiting...my time line isnt very long compared to some people on the forum however I thing we all share one simple thing......FRUSTRATION and the pain of having to be patient!! :wub:

I am definitely the kind of person who can't sit still waiting for a bus so waiting weeks and months at each step of this process is driving me nuts :err: hahaha x

My pals would say I'm a bit nuts any way...i was at a great seminar yesterday and my migration agent was saying how the process cannot be speeded up often descions are computer generated specifically around invite to apply for 189 visa...the human CO decisions may also be affedted by work pressures, workload and us all asking them to hurry up :wink:. which I too would be doing but as I have an agent they wont talk to me only them!

Anyway thanks for letting me rant I feel better just for sharing! :wubclub:

Good lUck to you all I'm sure its round the corner for us all xx

It's currently looking to be 8-10 weeks for case officers. I agree with the frustration as I am one of the most impatient people around and can't stand that there's nothing I can do to speed up the process!

Just 8 more troubled sleeps before you can rightfully call them to inquire (and hopefully let the forum know about the outcome)

So another Day has passed in Oz and still no CO :(

We are now on week 8 since submitting (8 weeks exactily on wednesday) and still nothing...Things must have really slowed as there were people getting CO within 5 to six weeks not so long ago...If you have a CO , but medicals get referred how would u know?

Yes Debbio , call them if 8 weeks are due .

Well for me , I now have received email from my care officer and my application is processed at Team 34, Brisbane .

They have requested a document which I could send only after working hours today and now waiting for their reply or the grant . Since they did not request anything else and when no more requests were made except for a proof of a traffic offence I had mentioned in form 80 I am guessing everything else has been cleared .

I am wondering if I really had to include traffic offence details in my form 80 cuz I might have probably received my grant today if did not do so.

We are now on week 8 since submitting (8 weeks exactily on wednesday) and still nothing...Things must have really slowed as there were people getting CO within 5 to six weeks not so long ago...If you have a CO , but medicals get referred how would u know?

Most, if not all answers that can't be found in the booklet or on the website ("do I have a case officer?" "Is there any problem with my medicals?" are two perfect candidates) can be provided by phone by an operator at the immigration department.

Wait until Wednesday, then give them a call. You may discover you already have a CO

The workload at the Department has certainly increased since the (not so far behind us) golden days preceding 1st of July, when the number of invitations was approximately half of what it is now, so, delays are to be expected, I suppose. However, time bracket for CO allocation is still 8 weeks, according to Immi's website and GSM line operators

It's currently looking to be 8-10 weeks for case officers. I agree with the frustration as I am one of the most impatient people around and can't stand that there's nothing I can do to speed up the process!

I understand your frustration. I need a visa before the 5th September, or I will have to delay our move to Oz by 6 months. I have had to accept, for the good of my health and blood pressure that what will be, will be. I cannot do anything so therefore stressing about it is futile.

I have diverted my energies to other things therefore, which are related to our move to Oz such as:

Sorting through belongings and car booting and ebaying

Updating my CV Oz style and putting together a portfolio for interviews

Writing lists of things I need to do on the lead up to our move and when we first arrive in Melbourne (there is a brilliant thread related to this on the forum)

Researching suburbs and likely places we will find work,

etc, etc, etc...

I can't do any more about the visa, but I can be proactive in other ways to make other aspects of our move as smooth as possible.

However, I too will make some calls when we have reached the magic 8 week milestone!

I understand your frustration. I need a visa before the 5th September, or I will have to delay our move to Oz by 6 months. I have had to accept, for the good of my health and blood pressure that what will be, will be. I cannot do anything so therefore stressing about it is futile.

I have diverted my energies to other things therefore, which are related to our move to Oz such as:

Writing lists of things I need to do on the lead up to our move and when we first arrive in Melbourne (there is a brilliant thread related to this on the forum)

etc, etc, etc...

I can't do any more about the visa, but I can be proactive in other ways to make other aspects of our move as smooth as possible.

However, I too will make some calls when we have reached the magic 8 week milestone!

It is in nerve-raking situations like this, where you have to patiently wait for something beyond your control to happen, that people give more weight to superstition than they ever had in their life.

And I think amending the dates in your signature would help in that regard

etc, etc, etc...

Hi amanda...good ideas in the preparation to move! Please can you direct me to the thread you refferred to of lists of things to do to prepare to move Hope u get your golden ticket soon...6 weeks on friday for me so still a little wait yet :-[

Oopsy, threads on a different forum, but worth posting a link. I hope there isnt an issue with this as good info is always worth sharing. They are very comprehensive and useful. I intend to print out and tick things off. A girl can't have too many lists! :biggrin:

Before you leave the uk

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/3384-list-things-you-need-do-before-you-emigrate.html

On arrival in Oz

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/3509-list-things-do-when-you-arrive-parts-1-4-a.html

This is keeping me very busy and is helping me push the wait for a visa grant to the back of my mind. Hope you find it useful too.

Naa! I wouldnt forget anyone. It has been a journey and those who have helped has been part of it, helped me shape things up for the future. So definitely, wouldnt forget.!

All the best to you too bijit. After security Checks, The visa is certain. So keep yourself busy as you would till then.!

Hi Debbio ,

I too applied on 17 th June ,havent called the DIAC yet .Hope to call them this week.

Is your "Organise Health Link..." disappeared on the evisa ,if yes i think u aren't referred.If its still thr ,call diac .We are next in row i guess with 1ST week applicants being receiving their grants.