189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Yes Haiwind, I've been fallen into same situation by ACS. Yet I have claimed my points for work experiences for my full 10+ years of experience to DIAC, not ACS mentioned dates. DIAC (Adelaide GSM Team 13) asked for my work & education experience details separately apart from Form 80 and 1221. Even if it's the worst case scenario like they'll calculate my work experiences same as ACS, I'll still have 60 points since I've claimed 65. I have researched around a bit though about this matter and found out that DIAC calculation is different than that of ACS. All DIAC needs is whether the applicant is suitable under the ANZSCO code or not by ACS. Hope the information helps you in any way.

BR, Syeem

:wubclub::wubclub::wubclub:

Hi Syeem, very great answer!!

I have also done many works even by reading the Law of 'Migration Regulations 1994' , in volume3, indeed DIAC only check if the applicant is suitable under the ANZSCO code or not by the relevant Assessing Authority.:biggrin: There is different way for DIAC to calculate the work experience as they start to count experience when you passed 'entry level qualification' - normally after one got bachelor degree..etc. Thank you very much!!

Hope you all the best on your application.:smile:

Look forward to hearing you be granted.

Best regards,

haiwind

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok guys, so there is update and view how it works as this i come to know today from calling DIAC.

I been allocated to team as due to 8 week requirement to meet, but there i was pending in bunch of others allocated too for same reasons. My file have been there for 1 week with no mowement, yesterday i been allocated to actuall CO.

Very smart move for DIAC to cover applicant eyes that they do everything on time. I been lucky when i submitted my file, just 600 people been invited,, so not so much ....but if you see thesedays lat months 3000 has been invited. How many days they will stand in some bunch till allocated to CO? Very sad. Hope all go now faster, all wish luck to everyone!

So I have a case officer which is great.

Bad news is I think I may have messed up and be entitled only to 60 points instead of 65. When I was doing the application I read the Australian study requirement and was pretty certain it got me an extra 5 points. It seems it doesn't as I wasn't in Australia for long enough. My possible salvation is the fact I turned 25 a month ago and this would push me back up to 65 points. Depends now. I guess they can either push mine back to the bottom of the pile or be nice and reassess my application back up to 65 points. Either way I'm happy I have the case officer because even in the worse case scenario I can always let them know I'm getting a bridging visa whilst they drop me back into the August pile for stuffing up.

So I have a case officer which is great.

Bad news is I think I may have messed up and be entitled only to 60 points instead of 65. When I was doing the application I read the Australian study requirement and was pretty certain it got me an extra 5 points. It seems it doesn't as I wasn't in Australia for long enough. My possible salvation is the fact I turned 25 a month ago and this would push me back up to 65 points. Depends now. I guess they can either push mine back to the bottom of the pile or be nice and reassess my application back up to 65 points. Either way I'm happy I have the case officer because even in the worse case scenario I can always let them know I'm getting a bridging visa whilst they drop me back into the August pile for stuffing up.

The points of either 60 or 65 depends on the date you been invited. If you been invited and been in 25 you can claim than 5 points.

Where from is you CO? which team? You just 1 day after me,, very interesting to see, how team works.

How did you come to know you have CO? who told you or did you rang?

Ielts 4 9's, applied with 65 points. 189 visa, but stated in application we intend to settle in Melbourne, where there is a shortage of teachers for my subject. We were eligible for state sponsorship, but didn't bother as we didn't need the points.

Lodged application 21st June. No news yet.

2 questions (with a few sub questions)

Q1 -

I asked my agent to confirm the meds we did in July have been uploaded. She says she can't see them, but this may be because there hasn't been a CO allocated yet to update my application? Does that sound right? Thought I might ring the medical centre to check? Will they be able to tell me whether we are cat A or B? That could solve our dilemma associated with q2.

Q2 -

A long winded tale; sorry! It's pretty complicated and I expect we are being unrealistic. Our house sold early June on the first viewing and we expect to exchange on the 23rd August. We had hoped to store with the shippers and send our belongings to Oz when we got a visa (thinking at the time, we'd have it by the end of August, as we have front loaded everything). Our plan was to follow in October.

My problem is that I have to have a visa before I start the new school term to be released from my teaching post in October. Otherwise, there is no point in going until April work wise. Do we resign ourselves to the fact that the timescales are just too tight and sign up to a 6 month rental? I have read that some visa apps just go straight though if everything is in place. What are our chances do you think of getting a visa before 5th September? Should we hang on, delay sale/ store stuff or slow own and head off into rented. I cannot resign without a visa; if anything goes wrong and we cannot go, this is career suicide!

How much longer until CO do you think? How long for a decision if everything is in place when a CO is assigned? I would be gutted if we signed a least and then out of the blue our visa was granted. What to do...

Edited by Amanda Kerr
Typos!

Ielts 4 9's, applied with 65 points. 189 visa, but stated in application we intend to settle in Melbourne, where there is a shortage of teachers for my subject. We were eligible for state sponsorship, but didn't bother as we didn't need the points.

Lodged application 21st June. No news yet.

2 questions (with a few sub questions)

Q1 -

I asked my agent to confirm the meds we did in July have been uploaded. She says she can't see them, but this may be because there hasn't been a CO allocated yet to update my application? Does that sound right? Thought I might ring the medical centre to check? Will they be able to tell me whether we are cat A or B? That could solve our dilemma associated with q2.

Q2 -

A long winded tale; sorry! It's pretty complicated and I expect we are being unrealistic. Our house sold early June on the first viewing and we expect to exchange on the 23rd August. We had hoped to store with the shippers and send our belongings to Oz when we got a visa (thinking at the time, we'd have it by the end of August, as we have front loaded everything). Our plan was to follow in October.

My problem is that I have to have a visa before I start the new school term to be released from my teaching post in October. Otherwise, there is no point in going until April work wise. Do we resign ourselves to the fact that the timescales are just too tight and sign up to a 6 month rental? I have read that some visa apps just go straight though if everything is in place. What are our chances do you think of getting a visa before 5th September? Should we hang on, delay sale/ store stuff or slow own and head off into rented. I cannot resign without a visa; if anything goes wrong and we cannot go, this is career suicide!

How much longer until CO do you think? How long for a decision if everything is in place when a CO is assigned? I would be gutted if we signed a least and then out of the blue our visa was granted. What to do...

Can you please create your signature?

It used to be beneficial if you have uploaded all supporting docs before co allotment as Doing this would expedite the decision which means a quicker grant .

But now for some reason , 189 visas take around 8 full weeks and maybe even 10 weeks after all verifications am confirmations have been done .

For 189 , the DIAC normally ends up assigning case officers only on the last day of the 8 weeks probably just to maintain processing standards . This means there's a huge list of applicants to be processed . So this has been happening from around may 2013 and so for your case Amanda, expect grant Only by around 25th August or maybe a week or two later if all documents sent have been cleared.

If there are medical referrals for anyone on the application or if there is a security check on your application , you have to wait longer and this could be a few more weeks to even 3 months and sometimes even more depending on the countries you have been and their alliance with Australia to share information .

Your agent may not be able to confirm if Medicals have been cleared as they probably don't have access to that information just like any other person.

However there is an email address of the health strategies of DIAC who replied regarding my meds being cleared and you can also probably send them your mail for confirmation too .

health.strategies@immi.gov.au

Now you can take your decision in what should be done further according to your situation .... And maybe I think migration agents can help with this too -- I think they're there to sort out issues like this as they might have experience in various cases .

Hello Dani

Just a quick question, I will be applying for the 189 visa based on my skills, does my husband have to do the ielts test to prove his english level. I am not claiming any points for him. Also did you have to do the medicals and police checks before you complete the application

Hello Ranjith,

I Hope you can give me some advice. I will be getting my skills assessed as a general accountant, which accounting body did you use. Did you also have to get your skills and work experience assesed to claim the points. The application form for skills assessment also mention providing reference letters from employer together with qualification prooof. Please advice whether you had to do this.

thanks

Hello Dani

Just a quick question, I will be applying for the 189 visa based on my skills, does my husband have to do the ielts test to prove his english level. I am not claiming any points for him. Also did you have to do the medicals and police checks before you complete the application

Yup... in my case my wife is the principle applicant, she applied as general accountant, she didnt claim any point for me yet i had to do ielts as its important for every applicant over 18 yrs of age

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hello Ranjith,

I Hope you can give me some advice. I will be getting my skills assessed as a general accountant, which accounting body did you use. Did you also have to get your skills and work experience assesed to claim the points. The application form for skills assessment also mention providing reference letters from employer together with qualification prooof. Please advice whether you had to do this.

thanks

We used ICAA, and yes u have to send certified photocopies for all the documents they ask for else they will return ur assessment as not suitable

Hello Dani

Its not necessary to put up PCC & MEDS before they ask for it but its advise able that u do because it will speed up ur process

Its not necessary to put up PCC & MEDS before they ask for it but its advise able that u do because it will speed up ur process

Hey Haseeb any update on your case?Did you ring them of your case officer/////anything new? share with us

Hello Dani

Hi ash,

IELTS is not required if your hubby has Bachelors or Masters Degree where the medium of instruction were English. For this purpose, you need to attach Degree and a certificate from the Institution.

Hello Ranjith,

thanks

ICAA is good and quick if u r a CA. Yes, you have to attach certified copies of Academic Awards and Transcripts. Employment reference is required only when you are applying for skilled employment assessment as well.

ICAA is good and quick if u r a CA. Yes, you have to attach certified copies of Academic Awards and Transcripts. Employment reference is required only when you are applying for skilled employment assessment as well.

Hi Mirwais, could you please let me know from which centre is your CO?

Hi ash,

IELTS is not required if your hubby has Bachelors or Masters Degree where the medium of instruction were English. For this purpose, you need to attach Degree and a certificate from the Institution.

I am masters and my medium of teaching has been British English through out my educational life but still they asked for it because English wasn't my mother language

I am masters and my medium of teaching has been British English through out my educational life but still they asked for it because English wasn't my mother language

Hi Haseeb,

This is 100% true for secondary applicant. May b u were asked to prove Functional Language and you might have assumed this is the only way. I have seen many applicants supplying University Degrees to claim functional english for 2ndry applicant. Higher Secondary School Certificate or 3 yrz diploma are other options to fulfill this criteria.

Hi Haseeb,

This is 100% true for secondary applicant. May b u were asked to prove Functional Language and you might have assumed this is the only way. I have seen many applicants supplying University Degrees to claim functional english for 2ndry applicant. Higher Secondary School Certificate or 3 yrz diploma are other options to fulfill this criteria.

Hi Mir,

True that.. but i was not aware of this fact.. but while going for EOI, i went through some documents on the immi website which clearly state that all applicants above 18 years of age must have atleast 7.5 in each band of ielts. If i could, i will get back to you with the name of the document...